ASV RC100 operating temperature?

/ ASV RC100 operating temperature? #1  

tuckinlugz

Silver Member
Tractor
2006 ASV RC100 & '06 Kubota R520S
I was talking to a fellow mulcher yesterday and he asked me what temp I was running while working. I told him 220 and he was like WOW!

I have been using the machine for about 250 hrs and it has always ran that high. I have good and full coolant, and I don't see anything stuck in the radiator. I have read the threads on here in the past and blown it out but I really didn't see anything coming out of it. I have washed it out with water several times but it never has helped any.

What is the safe operating temp running WOT while mulching?

/ ASV RC100 operating temperature? #2  
Seems high to me. Your 8F over boiling water. I would not wany my tractors, skid steer, truck ect running that high. Is the gage correct? Does it run that high when using the asv for other tasks that don't require that much work to cause high hydraulic heat? It may be the mulching is causing high hydraulic fluid temps. The hydraulic and water radiators are probably together and the hot hydraulics are affecting the cooling of the water/engine.

/ ASV RC100 operating temperature? #3  
I wish my RC100 had a gauge rather than an "it's too late idiot" light. When mulching, this machine will overheat in about an hour when outside temp is over 80. The local dealer can't find anything wrong.

Recently, the light is on continuously dim, even with a cold engine. The high pressure AC hose started leaking refrigerant oil on the back of the compressor. Oil dripped down into the temperature switch connector giving a false light.

Replacing the temperature switch is a PIA. The alternator, mounting block & AC compressor need to be removed to get a socket wrench on the switch. Bad engineering.

/ ASV RC100 operating temperature? #4  
Hey truckinlugz,
You know how hot it's been all this week(110 heat index),well I've been on a serious mulching job with the t320 and was a little concerned about my engine and hyd temp.So I kept a real close eye on it every day,all day.
I've run in this summer heat before but this job was on a steeep hill and I was giving it all she had.I have a digital temp guage for engine and hyd temps and the engine temps were at 198 max and hyd temp never exceeded 202,usually at 195-200 running wfo.
Now when it idled for a minute the hyd temps dropped to 170 degrees and engine temp went down to 175.
I also blew the machine off at every 4 hrs.
Oh, and one more thing,the AC was working perfect all day long.8am-4pm
So far I'm happy with the little bobcat t320 with forestry kit.

/ ASV RC100 operating temperature? #5  
These are the guys I was working with all week.
The thick vegetation I mulched was as high as the cat 312 exc.
The d5 cat did the grade work while the 312 piled the big trees and stumps.
I'm on the right of course.
The steep hill goes down behind us about 250 yards.

Attachments

• River rd job2.JPG
    River rd job2.JPG
    577.7 KB · Views: 777
   / ASV RC100 operating temperature? #6  
I know this is a bit of an old thread but I actually had the same prob (dummy light being on). I didn't even worry about replacing the switch because if you're engine is having issues a dummy light is usually a bit too late. Anyhow there is an engine coolant warmer located just behind the fuel pump/filter. This is used in extreme cold weather which obviously isn't an issue here in Tx. I bought a 40 dollar temp gauge from O'Reilly's and mounted it inside the cab and placed the sensor in the place of the warmer device (not sure the technical term). It works great, I run between 190 and 210 and no longer have to guess or wonder if the light is actually working or not. Just make sure to get a gauge with a long enough probe wire to reach the mounting point.

/ ASV RC100 operating temperature? #7  
You can expect to see temps. about 100 deg. above ambient temp.