JCB 1110 Track skid steer

/ JCB 1110 Track skid steer #1  

BeeBop

Silver Member
Tractor
02 Kubota L-4610 HST w/4in1 bucket & R-4s
/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif I had the experience of driving a JCB 1110 track skid steer last week and rough ride doesn't beging to describe it. It weighs 10k lbs w/the tracks being 17'' wide. The salesman told me it would be fine for residential landscaping but when I saw this sasquatch I knew that was out the window. It didn't have the servo controls we've come to love soo much, instead it had the foot controls like a NH. It had plenty of power from an 90h/p perkins diesel. I guess once you've operated Cats all the rest seem passe' by design and ride. The Cat's new 257 track steer is miles ahead of this beast with comfort and ergonomics. /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

/ JCB 1110 Track skid steer #2  
BeeBop,

10K! Thats one heavy skid steer. The mid size bobcats are more like 5-6K.
How would you compare the ride to the bobcat or case?
The bobcat is also pretty rough ride. Is that not part of a skidsteer?

Fred

/ JCB 1110 Track skid steer
Fred, the Bobcat T-190 is a rough ride as well but it didn't seem as rough as the JCB. I wouldn't recommend using any to carry dynamite around. I promise you when you drive a CAT or an ASV I believe it is you'll love the ride as opposed to. The ASV is who designed the suspended track system for CAT. The Bobcat has nice controls as well. The NH will shake the fillings out of your teeth as well but a skid steer is going to ride rough no matter what due to it's short wheel base. Maybe we retrofit a set of Rancho 9000 shocks on these things and smooth out the ride. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif