add-on hydrulic pump on a Gehl CTL

/ add-on hydrulic pump on a Gehl CTL #11  
I would like to have seen this thread continue. I run a saw on a 60 HP hiflow skid steer. Mine only developes 36 hydraulic HP. My rig stalls hydraulically (opens the relief) before bringing the RPMS down very low and then it recovers very quickly. Probably has a lot to do with the weight of the cutting rotors on the respective machines as to recovery time. The Gehl CTL80 develops around 72-76 hydraulic HP and I'm sure it has a seperate hiflow pump. 70 +hydraulic Hp may be to big a % of the machines total capacity and causing it to draw down RPMS too much. I believe I would investigate hose sizing, quick connector sizing, and other options prior to giving up on a 70 + hydraulic HP machine.

Without a doubt a saw does not require the HP that a mulcher does but I would love to test a 70 hydraulic HP machine on my saw. I expect there would be fewer trees here in KS., if I had such a machine.

I would be extremely shocked if the CTL80 produced more than 50-55 actual hydraulic hp at the attachment. It has a max flow of 40gpm at only 3000psi and its driven by a 3.8L engine. Theoretical (calculated) hp on it would only be 69.9hp before you even considered the other factors- pump design (gear pump and combined with the other aux pump), pump inefficiencies, hp loss from pump to attachment due to system back pressures, engine displacement and torque to drive the pump when it's under load, etc. I'm sure it would drive your saw betterthan your current set-up though. Good luck.

/ add-on hydrulic pump on a Gehl CTL #12  
I would be extremely shocked if the CTL80 produced more than 50-55 actual hydraulic hp at the attachment. It has a max flow of 40gpm at only 3000psi and its driven by a 3.8L engine. Theoretical (calculated) hp on it would only be 69.9hp before you even considered the other factors- pump design (gear pump and combined with the other aux pump), pump inefficiencies, hp loss from pump to attachment due to system back pressures, engine displacement and torque to drive the pump when it's under load, etc. I'm sure it would drive your saw betterthan your current set-up though. Good luck.

The values I represented were not mine, but from a Loftness guide. I expect Loftness may have some motives for exaggerating. Loftness shows which of their attachments the given machines are compatable to run.

I am happy with the way my present machine runs my saw. It only burns 20 gallons of fuel in an 8 hr period. Granted about 50% of the run time is at a lesser load piling the trees and brush. Just would be nice to play with a higher HP outfit.

Loftness - Attachment Guide

/ add-on hydrulic pump on a Gehl CTL #13  
The values I represented were not mine, but from a Loftness guide. I expect Loftness may have some motives for exaggerating. Loftness shows which of their attachments the given machines are compatable to run.

I am happy with the way my present machine runs my saw. It only burns 20 gallons of fuel in an 8 hr period. Granted about 50% of the run time is at a lesser load piling the trees and brush. Just would be nice to play with a higher HP outfit.

Loftness - Attachment Guide

Makes sense. I'm sure you're fine with the range of work you do. You never can have too much hp :)