Cat 262B Hydraulic Problem

/ Cat 262B Hydraulic Problem #1  

rshackleford

we have a hydraulic problem with our 262b skid steer.

after some time of operation between five minutes and an hour it will blow up some part of the hydraulic system. so far we have been through four hoses and an oil cooler.

we took it to cat the last time. they put the hose back on (which we could have done). they drove it around the yard for two minutes (which we could have done). they then told us it was good to go (which we could have done). it wasn't a half hour later and it blew a hose again.

any one have any suggestions? is there anywhere that we could get a schematic of the hydraulic system for this machine?

/ Cat 262B Hydraulic Problem #2  
There is probably a relief valve that is not working. Is it in the same hyd circuit every time it blows. Has anybody put a pressure gage in the system. The hyd cooler should be checked for flow. If it is blocked, it might provide to much back pressure.

/ Cat 262B Hydraulic Problem #3  
The standard flow on the 262B is 22GPM @ 3335 PSI. I believe I would find someone with a pressure guage and get it checked. The system should be protected by a relief vale and as JJ suggested could be stuck or set wrong. The drive section pressures will probably be higher especially under load and of course are variable flow. I would guess the drive section to be in the 5000 PSI range. Possibly higher!! I would think the pressure could be checked at your aux hydraulic ports, if available. The oil cooler should only see return pressure so if you are expierencing leaks in that circuit something must be putting additional pressure into that portion of the system system. Pluggage or wrong connection on hoses.???

As far as system schematics: Sometimes these can be found on a dealers part page. I took a quick look, but did not come up with anything.

I would also call Cat and see if they want to fix it for you or just drive it around. Sounds a bit like they put the machinery clean-up man on your machine.