New Holland LB75B Delivery Day

/ New Holland LB75B Delivery Day
Well, my LB75.B came home from the dealership yesterday after being gone for 1-1/2 weeks. They repaired the leaking injector pump and then discovered a nagging intermittent starting problem I had noted. When they could not get the tractor to start, they found the shuttle switch had a defect and was not signalling neutral position properly. They gave me a brand new shuttle switch and now the tractor starts perfectly. They also adjusted the parking brake and put in a new air filter. So it would seem that all my obvious complaints and service issues have been taken care of completely. I'm very happy and ready to put the tractor to work again.:)

Oh yes. . .the new shuttle switch has a new horn button on the end and now the horn works too. Woohoo! Toot! Toot!:D

/ New Holland LB75B Delivery Day #22  
You sure have a great dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie

After the first 50 hours of my ownership, I'm starting to really love this LB75B. The only complaint I really have is there sure are a lot of grease zerks. Whew! I grease the loader and backhoe every 8 to 10 hours of use for the high wear points. The points at the end of cylinders that get very little movement are every 25 hours and so is the suspension, driveline, and front axle pivot. I had to work hard to get all the zerks taking grease properly, but now they all take grease as they should. To my knowledge, I have no major leaks at all. The joystick valve under the operator platform has a bit of damp oil, but no more than one or two drops per day. The rear differential has dust collected on it, but it is not wet. Other than having to tighten down my injectors after having the injector pump seal kit replaced. I have seen no leaks whatsoever.

My fuel use continues to be around 3/4 gallon per hour of operation on the hourmeter. I do most hoe work at 1700 engine rpm as that seems sufficient to keep the hydraulic pumps working efficiently. I can tell when I use the loader and kick the engine up to 2000+ rpm that the turbocharger kicks in and that would suck fuel if I kept the load at at that level. The torque converter is perfect. I can spin front and rear tires with the differential lock engaged. The torque converter really gives a soft start and then a full power push. I love the power of this machine. It seems just right for the weight.

So, I've spent my first 50 hours learning about my machine and making sure that long term maintainability is possible. There is evidence of some rough treatment in the past, but with my level of use, I think this is all the tractor I will ever need. It's flexible enough to do a broad spectrum of tasks and do them all very well.:)

Well, the first "me induced" casualty occured yesterday. Actually, it wasn't so much me as the age of the hoses. The hoses to the dipper and bucket are exposed just below the boom pivot. I guess over the years, the hoses get dragged on all kinds of things as people crowd up against piles and back into things. Anyway, when I went to move the tractor yesterday using the backhoe to pull it backwards a couple of feet. I noticed a condensation spray in that area. It turns out that the line going to the backhoe bucket curl side of the cylinder suddenly developed a pressure leak and is spraying about 1' down from the fitting where it attaches to rigid pipe. I'll try to get some pictures today as I remove the hose. It's about 5' long and goes under the bachoe boom and through the middle of the pivot to the joystick control valve. I think I can remove a cowling off the back of the platform for better access to the valve for removing the hose. If the dealer can't make a hose on-site, it can be ordered from NH for somewhere between $75-$100. I'll look at the others and may decide to get a spare to have ready because I think this is just the first of several in this area.

/ New Holland LB75B Delivery Day #26  
Napa makes hoses but can be kind of proud of their prices. If you have an Axxion around, they are the best for prices and fittings that I've found.

Hoses are a never ending, on going item. Sadly, the fittings are what you pay for and they never go bad, but you always have to buy new ones when the hoses fail.

How is your collecton of big wrenches?

Tractor Supply is pretty good on prices and sizes. You will need just about every size up to an inch and a half in 1/8 and even 1/16 sizes, or you can go metric. At those sizes, you can be off a bit and it wont matter.

You'll find that just about every hose, and you have A LOT of hoses, will take a different sized wrench. 15/16 seems to be the most common, but that doesn't mean anything if a bigger or small hose fails. LOL

Enjoy, the fun is just beginning. Some of those hoses require pulling out the floor, others have to be cut to get off!!!!! It can be even more fun when a big hose under neith fails out in the woods, or mud, and you can't drive it back. I have cardboard boxes that I save to use to lay on when working under the backhoe in those situations. Save your boxes!!!!!

Eddie

Enjoy, the fun is just beginning.

Eddie, everyone I know with a dozer and/or TLB has lots of empty hydraulic fluid buckets and lots of old hoses.;) I guess I'm starting my collection.:rolleyes: I'll buy 5 gallons of Ambra Multi-G 410B too and have it ready. I noticed I lost enough fluid to put my reservoir at the bottom of the sight glass. I am just thankful (knock on wood) that I don't have any leaks in any hydraulic cylinders.:thumbsup:

The busted hose is replaced and I'm back in business. Once I got wrenches to take the fittings off (38 mm open end or 1-1/2") I was able to remove the hose and take it to the dealer. The NH part number is stamped right on the crimped portion of the fitting and my dealer had one in stock. The parts guy told me that they try to keep a full set of TLB hoses in stock, so I can call ahead anytime and they will check before I drive 20 miles on a hunch that they might have the part. They don't make these particular hoses onsite because the fittings are pretty darn big. Anyhow, the hose was a bit over $79, but I was happy to pay that to be back in business.

Here are some photos of the old hose as I removed it. It has a clamp on the rigid tubing on the boom and then another clamp behind the boom for stress relief and make sure the hoses bend as the boom lifts. The hoses go through the swing pivot too, requiring another clamp before they get to the control valve. Trying to stuff a new hose through all these tight places and then get it bent so I could put the fittings together was a hassle, but at least it was doable for a fat ol' retired guy.:rolleyes: Thank goodness for ORFS fittings. They are the cat's meow. They get snug, you seat them, and they don't leak a drop. Woohoo!:D

Attachments

• 1stBustedHose-01.jpg
    1stBustedHose-01.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 1stBustedHose-02.jpg
    1stBustedHose-02.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 224
  • 1stBustedHose-03.jpg
    1stBustedHose-03.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 1sBustedHose.jpg
    1sBustedHose.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 209
   / New Holland LB75B Delivery Day #29  
I think I will keep it, use it, and then sell it.

Yeah right.;) Keep telling yourself that.:laughing::laughing::laughing:
hugs, Brandi

/ New Holland LB75B Delivery Day #30  
crusty, caked on old crud...We used to charge people to pressure wash their ATVs prior to working on them at the shop I worked at while in college. Jim, I know everything breaks at the most inopportune moment, but I recommend trying to keep the sand out of your threads on your hose ends. I know, I know, bazillions like these have been changed out in a mud hole. It's just that as a machinist, I hate the sound of grit in my new threads...:cool::D