Mini 4 Wheel laoder- Yanmar?

/ Mini 4 Wheel laoder- Yanmar? #1  

hali63

Tractor
Yanmar mini loader
Greetings all , first time here.
I am in need of help identifiing my mini 4 wheel loader , It was purchased at auction a couple weeks ago . It says yanmar on back bumper casting , has yanmar 3cyl engine, steers from rear , has 4 wheel drive lever, manual shift .
Started to have shifting problems , hard to get into gear, clutch seemed to release ok .Went to shift, Now has no gears or hydraulics . Any suggestions as to what machine I have or trans suggestions . All I can find for numbers is T15W or Y15w not clear , rest is in Chinese? Help !
:confused::mad:

/ Mini 4 Wheel laoder- Yanmar? #2  
You have photos that you can post???

/ Mini 4 Wheel laoder- Yanmar?
Thanks Winston , yep thats the one I didnt get 2 weeks on it, grrr auctions!I will get more pics, I wonder why hydrualics & trans would quit same Time.
Tks
Gary

/ Mini 4 Wheel laoder- Yanmar?
Hi all ,
Here is some pics of this loader. Any help as to why tranmission & hydraulics quit together.
thanks for any identification
:confused:

Attachments

• IMG00020.jpg
    IMG00020.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG00016.jpg
    IMG00016.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG00017.jpg
    IMG00017.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG00019.jpg
    IMG00019.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG00018.jpg
    IMG00018.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 185
   / Mini 4 Wheel laoder- Yanmar? #6  
I don't have a clue but wondering what kind of transmission does it have? Geared, hydrostatic, is it possibly hydraulic motor driven?

/ Mini 4 Wheel laoder- Yanmar? #7  
I've heard auction companies have mechanics come in to make sure all the equipment is running for the auction. That doesn't mean it's fixed... I really think you would get a better response in the construction forum.

So, it went from shifting hard into gears to not engaging? What do you mean by "Went to shift, Now has no gears" Does the shifter feel loose? Again, construction form is better for transmission and hydraulics problems, IMHO.

/ Mini 4 Wheel laoder- Yanmar? #8  
hali63 try over at the heavyequipmentforums they have a lot of knowledge on machines like this.

/ Mini 4 Wheel laoder- Yanmar? #9  
Greetings all , first time here.
I am in need of help identifiing my mini 4 wheel loader , It was purchased at auction a couple weeks ago . It says yanmar on back bumper casting , has yanmar 3cyl engine, steers from rear , has 4 wheel drive lever, manual shift .
Started to have shifting problems , hard to get into gear, clutch seemed to release ok .Went to shift, Now has no gears or hydraulics . Any suggestions as to what machine I have or trans suggestions . All I can find for numbers is T15W or Y15w not clear , rest is in Chinese? Help !
:confused::mad:

We really need more information. Sounds strange that its gear drive ("manual shift", "clutch") and hydraulics and trans went out at exactly the same time. Specs on Yanmars newer loaders say they are "hydrostat" transmissions..I'll bet this one is too. Since you had hydraulics then started having shifting problems then eventually everything quit, I am going to speculate whatever was causing shifting problems is what eventually caused the total failure. I don't know a thing about how your trans works but if it were mine and I had to diagnose it this way i'd guess that whatever valve(s)/hydraulic circuit is used to translate flow from forward/neutral/reverse would be a likely candidate in my book with what I know right now.

Here's some things I'd like to know.
Was there gears grinding, etc when you said it was hard to get in gear? Can you explain more about that.

How many gear levers does it have and can you move the shift levers or are they stuck?

Does it have a "shuttle shift" or similar type forward/reverse shifter separate from the 1st,2nd,3rd gear or Hi range/ Low range type gear shift? I was wondering if that was the lever on the left side of the seat ( don't see one on the steering column and I've never personally driven a wheel loader w/o some kind of quick forward/reverse setup on the column)

When you try to lift the loader, does it bog the engine down or do you hear anything unusual like a relief valve is opening?

No hydraulics are often are caused by a relief valve that is stuck open or a pump that has quit working. Can also be caused by obstructed filters or screens. I am going with shifting issues being the root culprit though. Maybe you have an a main relief valve open and that is why you have no hydraulics at all? Could be a shot pump? We'll get to that stuff. Let's get some info first.

/ Mini 4 Wheel laoder- Yanmar? #10  
What's up Darryl. Been awhile.
Excellent advice more or less the same thing I was thinking Also. Hyd. Pump. That will get him going on the right track in finding the problem.Had a friend that had a Trans.shop yrs. ago and know just enough to get in over my head:p

Carey