Genie Z45-22, Could forks be added?

/ Genie Z45-22, Could forks be added? #1  

BruceWard

Platinum Member
I am considering buying a Genie Z45-22 Aerial Manlift. It is rated to lift 500 pounds 45 feet in the air or 22 feet out. I do not know much about these machines but I am assuming that they are capable of lifting more close to the ground that way up or our.

I am building a house from SIP panels that will be 3 stories high on two walls (walkout basement). The manlift would be great for installing windows, soffit and possibly the brick layers.

The other place where I will need a larger piece of equipment is unloading the SIP panels from the semi truck when they arrive. A stack of SIP panels might weigh 2 to 3 thousand pounds. A off road forklift or skytrack would be perfect for unloading the panels. But if the Genie would handle the load between 0 and 9 feet of lift it would save on rental fees. Weighing in around 16K pounds I would think it would be able to lift more than 500 pounds.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Here is a picture of the machine in question

%21B9NbGhw%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHqIOKoYEz%21t%29iQc6BM5HE,%288MQ%7E%7E_12.JPG

/ Genie Z45-22, Could forks be added? #2  
Personally, I wouldn't even go there (for obvious reasons) :thumbsup:
I know people that worked for Genie. Believe me, if forks would work on this machine, they would offer it as an option. They are designed for a specific purpose - a manlift, and in no way will lift 3,000 lbs.

Last edited: