Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #101  
I just bought a Case 580ck B series its a 1971 and she needs a lot of work but i am trying to figure out if a 1977 Case 580C jib would fit because one of the previous owners of my machine really messed it up if anyone here could help i would be so thankful.

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #102  
Not sure what you're calling a jib, but 580B thru E have essentially the same hoe parts, other than the C or D they quit using those PITA swivel couplers on the boom cylinders, and re-routed those hoses down lower and into the cavity below the control valves. I have all the parts to change my B over, tired of dealing with leaking swivels and they're really expensive.

The newer models like the K and L went to a single boom cylinder and nodular iron boom and dipper, the hinge joint looks entirely different and pretty much ZERO parts interchange with older models.

Terminology - the hoe section with two cylinders is the boom, the further out section is the dipper, and of course the bucket.

You could probably verify my first paragraph at this site

Equipment Parts Source, Aftermarket, Case, Backhoe, Crawler, Loader, Dozer, Tractor Case Backhoe Index

I've bought several cylinder kits and a few bushings, etc, from them - if you dig around their site for a while you should find which models use which parts, that should help you figure out what you need to know... Steve

Oh, here's an example of compatibility that may help

Equipment Parts Source, Aftermarket, Case, Backhoe, Crawler, Loader, Dozer, Tractor Case 58 - 58E Backhoe Hydraulic Cylinders

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #103  
Guess "ThatKidDownTheRoad" musta gone down the road... :rolleyes:

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #104  
I'm looking at an old Case 580CK for a farm backhoe. Runs very smooth with little smoke. Hydraulics seem quite strong, I could lift the entire unit off the ground at idle. Quite a bit of dry rot in the hydraulic hoses and a couple are leaking. Gauges are working, but think hour meter is stuck at ~2500.

My planned uses are expanding a 1/3 acre pond to about 1 acre and other normal farm uses -- stumps and the occaisional foundation or burying utility runs.

Whats the general feeling about the old 580CK models for farm backhoes? Can get this one for a good price, but not wanting a money pit either. Could pick it up for $4000.

Thanks

I have a 1973 580CK I am wanting $4,000.00 for. Good backhoe. Can send pics.