Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 3520, '71 Case 580CK TLB

Default Re: Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe

Thanks I'll be ordering that soon. Just got her unloaded. First backhoe newbie question -- where is the serial number plate these units. Want to verify I"m getting the right manual.

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    I agree completely, and here is a complete service manual for the 580CKdownloadable from Tradebit for $19.99. These downloads are exactly what they are advertised. I downloaded one for my New Holland LB75B and could not be happier.

Elite Member

looks like your going to be busy, it'll probably out work you

Silver Member
    Tractor

What is the maximum hydraulic pressure on the 580CK? Need to replace one hose and wondering if the 3/4" line rated at 2250 psi from tractor supply is strong enough.

Having download issues with the service manual now, so can not lookup yet.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2320 w/R4 $21,100 w/7.16%off

And just to make your life more complicated, here's another source for a service manual
    Case 580CK Loader Backhoe Operators Manual NewOldManuals.com - Backhoe Service Manuals
    Eastern PA -JD2320 w/R4; 200CX w/61" bucket & Markham toothbar or JD adj forks; 46BH w/16", Imatch, ballast box & York rake-blade-scarifer, 54" front plow and trailer receiver. Case 580K w/fel+bh, mule 610XC

Silver Member
    Tractor

Thanks for another link -- I bought the one from the link jinman posted, but it has timed out twice while attempting to download and they only give you 5 chances. Need to try again with a faster download link.

Quote Originally Posted by ragkar View Post
    And just to make your life more complicated, here's another source for a service manual
    Case 580CK Loader Backhoe Operators Manual NewOldManuals.com - Backhoe Service Manuals

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

With the front ended lifted like in the pic check for play in the front spindle bearings. They get pounded during backhoe use & are easier to fix before they are completely shot. I have 580 CK with manual extend-a-hoe & it's a real digging machine on both ends. Don't get carried away with hose changing, wait till they break. I've still got several original hoses. I have parts & shop manuals but find most part numbers have changed but parts are still available. Don't try to get cylinder seals until disassembly as there's many variables. Take old seals to dealer or hydraulic shop & they'll get you a match but won't usually know what you need from part numbers.
    That's a good price, at least for around here. I wouldn't sell mine for less than $5k. MikeD74t

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Massey 180 Diesel

Here is a handy link too.
    CASE

Select "parts and service" in the top menu, and navigate through to where you enter your model number. Exploded views of your complete unit, location of serial numbers on your machine, etc.

If you want to search online for parts, copy and paste the part number, and Google it.

Also, if you need brake parts, these guys are tough to beat. For now, you will need to call for pricing, and ordering.. They are in the process of setting up and online storefront. It is well worth calling for the pricing, and ordering.

I guess it's lucky for me they are located here in Ohio. If I order parts before 10:00 a.m., they are at my door the next day.

Remanufactured Transmissions, Torque Converters, Engines - Joseph Industries

Silver Member
    Tractor

I replaced the one leaking hose today and added hydraulic fluid. Went out and did some trial digging. First thing I noticed is I suck at it... I saw another hose leak on the bucket curl. I blew a hose on one of the outriggers. Guess I tried to take a little to big of bite . I'm going to be come very good friends with the guy at the hydraulic shop I think.

Ok-- now something that surprised me. The hour meter works. 2447.9 hours on the machine now. If that is truly the hours -- that is amazing for a 40 year old machine.

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Probably 12447.9 hours. I don't think that it shows tens of thousands of hours, I know that mine didn't.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2320 w/R4 $21,100 w/7.16%off

Did you find the serial number? In my 580K manual they picture nine different locations. I.e. for the unit, rops, transmission, engine, bucket etc.
    The one that you want is on the horizontal door sill. Just open the door to see it. Unfortunately the operator manual doesn't say whether it's the driver door or the passengers.
    Eastern PA -JD2320 w/R4; 200CX w/61" bucket & Markham toothbar or JD adj forks; 46BH w/16", Imatch, ballast box & York rake-blade-scarifer, 54" front plow and trailer receiver. Case 580K w/fel+bh, mule 610XC

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast