Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #31  
Friend of mine suggested a plumbers sink wrench. I may pick one up at the Depot on the way home and try.
Let us know if that works for you. Personally I don't think they are stout enough for that.

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #32  
I think you probably will need a crawford wrench. I believe that is what they are called. They are sort of like a brake line tool open ended. They have an open end then a square for an extension. I have used my 2' extension and rachet to get some lines off. I have them up to 2 1/4. They are available at NAPA and snapon.

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #33  
Sorry that should be crowsfoot wrench.

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe
That is exactly what I needed. Thanks for the info. I will definitely get a set.

I tried the plumber sink wrench and just mangled the wrench. I did get the hose off. I went a little brute force on it. I got out my hand held grinder with a cutting blade. I cut off the hose just outside of the connector. I then pounded a deep socket over the end of hose and connector nut. Really easy to take off with a ratchet at that point.

Sorry that should be crowsfoot wrench.

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #35  
I hope you didn't get a lot of junk in your hydro system cutting. (rubber metal )
Before I install any new line I always blow it out with air. When they make lines materials are often left in the lines.

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #36  
   / Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe
What engine oil are people running in there old Case TLB's? I got the service manual and it lists single viscosity oils for pretty specific temperature ranges. I want to put in a multi viscosity diesel oil that will pretty much handle year round temps.

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #38  
I don't know if it's the right thing to use, but I'm going with Shell Rotella 15w/40, in my '79 480C.

The State Agency I worked for used in in everything they had. From lawnmowers, to our dump trucks, dozers, and excavators.

I've also used it in my tractors here, with no issues.

Sure wish I could buy another barrell of it at Sam's Club for $268.00 again..!!

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #39  
I take it your got the trade bit download to work.
They are first rate, I downloaded a few manuals at once but later got looking and the one would not open, some pdf error.
So I contacted them and they set it up so I could download it again, think it was 3 weeks later.

You got a good deal on that machine, usually a hoe attachment cost more then that whole machine.
Ken

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #40  
You got a good deal and it will serve you well, I bought my 580CK new in 71. over 8000 hours and yes, the meter still works, at least when the cable isn't broken. You'll need a really big torque wrench to rebuild the cylinders. I rebuild mine on the machine so I don't need a huge bench vise. When I need to work on hoses under the valve bank I remove the hoe, surprisingly easy to do, and block it up, makes access much easier. Mine is a 4 speed hi lo range standard shift but I had a 680 of similar vintage and the shuttle shift worked great, just a pain to fix if it breaks. Have fun!