Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Tractor
    Ford 555 TLB

Default Re: Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTee View Post
    I understand, mine is the same. I'm finding lots of little things that don't work, most you really don't need but they are things "I" want working like the tach, lights broken off grease fittings, etc. I also found out we have a salvage dealer about 30 miles from here that has nothing but farm and construction equipment. Can't wait to check it out but I have to get my list together first. Tommy
    I don't own one, yet.... In my quest for an older Ford/Case machine(30-35 yrs), the few I've inspected are priced at points that would put me under water, were a major repair be necessary... not to mention most the seals, hoses, and tubes that are at end of life. I'd be happy to put some time/money into a functioning machine that comes along at $6k. I could handle that.

Tractor
    Case 580

Question for any of you experienced 580ers... Mine has a shuttle drive and as far as I know this is the only way to get it to move. You push the lever forward (up) to go forward and pull back (down) to go backwards. So why is there a reverse on the transmission? When would you use reverse when to go in reverse you shuttle back????? Thanks, Tom

you guys are talking about the prices check this one out for 7,000 dollars..
    UP FOR SALE ----- 2004 CATerpillar 416D Loader Backhoe, 4WD////
    Seems fishy to me from what ive seen otherwise..

Tractor
    case 580D

4X4 Cat with extenahoe that is not price correctly. A 2004 normally runs 18500 to 24500 so whats up with this one.

Tractor
    Case 580B CK

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTee View Post
    Question for any of you experienced 580ers... Mine has a shuttle drive and as far as I know this is the only way to get it to move. You push the lever forward (up) to go forward and pull back (down) to go backwards. So why is there a reverse on the transmission? When would you use reverse when to go in reverse you shuttle back????? Thanks, Tom
    Tommy,

Are you sure you have a reverse on the transmission? These units had a four speed transmission after the shuttle, with a gear selector position for 'start'... My 580b CK is like that.

Dave

Tractor
    Case 580

Dave, I just went and looked again and you are right! There's an "S" not an "R". I've got a lot to learn, the first thing should be "how to read". Thanks Dave, Tommy

Tractor
    Kubota 3400

We want pictures of the "New and Improved"
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass - Mark Twain

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789