Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #81  
I understand, mine is the same. I'm finding lots of little things that don't work, most you really don't need but they are things "I" want working like the tach, lights broken off grease fittings, etc. I also found out we have a salvage dealer about 30 miles from here that has nothing but farm and construction equipment. Can't wait to check it out but I have to get my list together first. Tommy

I don't own one, yet.... In my quest for an older Ford/Case machine(30-35 yrs), the few I've inspected are priced at points that would put me under water, were a major repair be necessary... not to mention most the seals, hoses, and tubes that are at end of life. I'd be happy to put some time/money into a functioning machine that comes along at $6k. I could handle that.:thumbsup:

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #82  
Question for any of you experienced 580ers... Mine has a shuttle drive and as far as I know this is the only way to get it to move. You push the lever forward (up) to go forward and pull back (down) to go backwards. So why is there a reverse on the transmission? When would you use reverse when to go in reverse you shuttle back????? Thanks, Tom

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #84  
4X4 Cat with extenahoe that is not price correctly. A 2004 normally runs 18500 to 24500 so whats up with this one. :confused2:

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #85  
Question for any of you experienced 580ers... Mine has a shuttle drive and as far as I know this is the only way to get it to move. You push the lever forward (up) to go forward and pull back (down) to go backwards. So why is there a reverse on the transmission? When would you use reverse when to go in reverse you shuttle back????? Thanks, Tom

Tommy,

Are you sure you have a reverse on the transmission? These units had a four speed transmission after the shuttle, with a gear selector position for 'start'... My 580b CK is like that.

Dave

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #86  
Dave, I just went and looked again and you are right! There's an "S" not an "R". I've got a lot to learn, the first thing should be "how to read". Thanks Dave, Tommy

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #87  
We want pictures of the "New and Improved" :)

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #88  
Howdy...... This past summer I became a proud owner of a 580ck backhoe....... which will become a labor of love for many years to come..... I have read back on the thread and see not to much new conversation but as I get into my restoration of this old war horse I hope to pick some of you good folks brains !! :))) Anyway I am glad to of found this web site and look forward to later conversations with you. This machine has been sitting for about 5 or 6 years and has lots of leaks which will need attention............... take care and I'll be chatting with you all soon ...... Thanks Steve

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #89  
The neighbor just bought a 580D backhoe for 12.000 dollars and that was a steal.

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #90  
I gave 4 K for mine and paid a friend 750 to deliver it................ I've bought operating and parts manuals and am looking for the repair manual.... I'm sure I will get to know this machine far more intimately than I really want to !!