JD 350C Dozer cuts out

/ JD 350C Dozer cuts out #11  
Just my luck... Brain55 no longer does field service so I may attempt to repair the pump if I can't find anyone local in Martinez California area...

Stayed up reading last night and the symptom sure indicates Diesel Injector Pump failure with a possibility the return check valve is not working properly...

Also learned it is just about impossible to drag a Dozer with a 4WD pickup... straight line maybe... making the dozer turn just about impossible.

/ JD 350C Dozer cuts out #12  
Just my luck... Brain55 no longer does field service so I may attempt to repair the pump if I can't find anyone local in Martinez California area...

Stayed up reading last night and the symptom sure indicates Diesel Injector Pump failure with a possibility the return check valve is not working properly...

Also learned it is just about impossible to drag a Dozer with a 4WD pickup... straight line maybe... making the dozer turn just about impossible.

Did you ever sort it out?

I had the same symptoms when the lift pump on my Massey failed...it would run, but just barely. I don't know if that Deere has a lift pump, but if it does, it's probably easy, and inexpensive enough to change.

/ JD 350C Dozer cuts out #13  
The problem is the fuel return line to the tank was plugged at the small check valve... I cleaned the check and it ran well for a few minutes...

It's been running great since I removed the check valve.

Been told I need to replace the governor in the injection pump... the composite tension ring is failing and the small particles are obstructing...

Just don't have room or time to go through the pump right now...

Guess one could say I am on borrowed time...

Options include buying just the ring for about $10 or a metal upgrade for $75 or a kit for a little more.

Could also send the pump out to have it gone through for $400 to $700

I would still need to deal with installing and timing.

It was also suggested I have the injectors checked if I do the pump.

Guess it is too small a job to get any of the local field service guys interested.

/ JD 350C Dozer cuts out #14  
The problem is the fuel return line to the tank was plugged at the small check valve... I cleaned the check and it ran well for a few minutes...

It's been running great since I removed the check valve.

Been told I need to replace the governor in the injection pump... the composite tension ring is failing and the small particles are obstructing...

Just don't have room or time to go through the pump right now...

Guess one could say I am on borrowed time...

Options include buying just the ring for about $10 or a metal upgrade for $75 or a kit for a little more.

Could also send the pump out to have it gone through for $400 to $700

I would still need to deal with installing and timing.

It was also suggested I have the injectors checked if I do the pump.

Guess it is too small a job to get any of the local field service guys interested.

Well, that's not the best answer, but at least it's back to running, and you have an idea what you need to do for the permanent fix. It's always something....

/ JD 350C Dozer cuts out #15  
I guess it is a common problem with the older Standyne units... some have also said the ultra-low sulfur diesel is hard on pump...