IHI excavator

/ IHI excavator #1  

Kiotikarl

Gold Member
Tractor
2010 Kioti ck30 gear
Greetings everyone,
I am presently looking to purchase a backhoe for my CK30, but at the same time managed to come across a 1990 IHI IS30G2 excavator. Never heard of IHI before:confused: Low hours, cab, dozer blade, and steel tracks, for about the price of a backhoe:) But before a make a choice gotta buy something i can find parts and info on. Anyone know about this company before:confused: Good excavator or problematic machine:confused2:

/ IHI excavator #2  
   / IHI excavator #3  
I have a IHI 35 J runs strong quiet and uses little fuel :cool2: There is a web site that can tell you what you need to know IHI Compact Excavators I can't remember the gentlemans name to talk to off hand but if you get in touch with them they will be more then helpfull. The only reason I would contact them is because there are SOME IHI models that are hard to get parts for in the states. This doesn't make those models bad but without parts you could end up with an issue. As Bob Rooks said they are a respected machine and IMO dependable, comfortable to run with low noise and low fuel consumption{atleast mine is}.

/ IHI excavator
Thanks alot for the feedback guys:thumbsup:, knowing that IHI is a good and respectable excavator will make me lean towards it, rather than a backhoe.:)

/ IHI excavator #5  
Thanks alot for the feedback guys:thumbsup:, knowing that IHI is a good and respectable excavator will make me lean towards it, rather than a backhoe.:)
Had I known then what I know now, I would have went with the excavator (but I'd still have the dozer:D)

/ IHI excavator
I have a IHI 35 J runs strong quiet and uses little fuel :cool2: There is a web site that can tell you what you need to know IHI Compact Excavators I can't remember the gentlemans name to talk to off hand but if you get in touch with them they will be more then helpfull. The only reason I would contact them is because there are SOME IHI models that are hard to get parts for in the states. This doesn't make those models bad but without parts you could end up with an issue. As Bob Rooks said they are a respected machine and IMO dependable, comfortable to run with low noise and low fuel consumption{atleast mine is}.

I did send an e-mail to IHI this morning and have already been answered:) Talk about feed back:thumbsup: A man named Bosco Gant answered most of my questions. The model i was looking at is a gray market unit, said all IS models but one (IS-7GX) are gray market. To have parts doesn't seem to be a problem :thumbsup:unless the parts have to be ordered directly from Japan.:(
He also gave me the name and number of the closest dealer, which like for anything else around here is a few hour drive.:laughing:

/ IHI excavator #7  
I did send an e-mail to IHI this morning and have already been answered:) Talk about feed back:thumbsup: A man named Bosco Gant answered most of my questions. The model i was looking at is a gray market unit, said all IS models but one (IS-7GX) are gray market. To have parts doesn't seem to be a problem :thumbsup:unless the parts have to be ordered directly from Japan.:(
He also gave me the name and number of the closest dealer, which like for anything else around here is a few hour drive.:laughing:

You will be happy with the units. Other than a spotty dealer network depending on location, they are good, solid and dependable mini's.

/ IHI excavator #9  

You'll find that a mini is a very useful digger. When you click you link, it goes to an 8 ton machine. That is about the size of my larger mini. It will dig circles around any dedicated excavator and make the ones you add on subcompact tractors look like a glorified shovel. The size you're looking at will dig with most 'full sized' backhoes where the one you'd put on your tractor won't come remotely close to being able to do that sort of work.