Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Gold Member Kiotikarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    264
    Location
    Quebec Canada
    Tractor
    2010 Kioti ck30 gear

    Default IHI excavator

    Greetings everyone,
    I am presently looking to purchase a backhoe for my CK30, but at the same time managed to come across a 1990 IHI IS30G2 excavator. Never heard of IHI before Low hours, cab, dozer blade, and steel tracks, for about the price of a backhoe But before a make a choice gotta buy something i can find parts and info on. Anyone know about this company before Good excavator or problematic machine

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Bob Rooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,267
    Location
    Bothell & Silverdale, WA
    Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

    Default Re: IHI excavator

    IHI is a highly diversified and respected corporation. They manufacture high end equipment, that's been my experience from a maritime perspective.

    IHI Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, Trimble equipped 7' Dual Dozer with twin GCR-2 laser receivers, and a LiTW BH7600 back hoe (sold).

  3. #3
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,202
    Location
    adirondacks

    Default Re: IHI excavator

    I have a IHI 35 J runs strong quiet and uses little fuel There is a web site that can tell you what you need to know IHI Compact Excavators I can't remember the gentlemans name to talk to off hand but if you get in touch with them they will be more then helpfull. The only reason I would contact them is because there are SOME IHI models that are hard to get parts for in the states. This doesn't make those models bad but without parts you could end up with an issue. As Bob Rooks said they are a respected machine and IMO dependable, comfortable to run with low noise and low fuel consumption{atleast mine is}.

  4. #4
    Gold Member Kiotikarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    264
    Location
    Quebec Canada
    Tractor
    2010 Kioti ck30 gear

    Default Re: IHI excavator

    Thanks alot for the feedback guys, knowing that IHI is a good and respectable excavator will make me lean towards it, rather than a backhoe.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Bob Rooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,267
    Location
    Bothell & Silverdale, WA
    Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

    Default Re: IHI excavator

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiotikarl View Post
    Thanks alot for the feedback guys, knowing that IHI is a good and respectable excavator will make me lean towards it, rather than a backhoe.
    Had I known then what I know now, I would have went with the excavator (but I'd still have the dozer)
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, Trimble equipped 7' Dual Dozer with twin GCR-2 laser receivers, and a LiTW BH7600 back hoe (sold).

  6. #6
    Gold Member Kiotikarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    264
    Location
    Quebec Canada
    Tractor
    2010 Kioti ck30 gear

    Default Re: IHI excavator

    Quote Originally Posted by 20 20 View Post
    I have a IHI 35 J runs strong quiet and uses little fuel There is a web site that can tell you what you need to know IHI Compact Excavators I can't remember the gentlemans name to talk to off hand but if you get in touch with them they will be more then helpfull. The only reason I would contact them is because there are SOME IHI models that are hard to get parts for in the states. This doesn't make those models bad but without parts you could end up with an issue. As Bob Rooks said they are a respected machine and IMO dependable, comfortable to run with low noise and low fuel consumption{atleast mine is}.
    I did send an e-mail to IHI this morning and have already been answered Talk about feed back A man named Bosco Gant answered most of my questions. The model i was looking at is a gray market unit, said all IS models but one (IS-7GX) are gray market. To have parts doesn't seem to be a problem unless the parts have to be ordered directly from Japan.
    He also gave me the name and number of the closest dealer, which like for anything else around here is a few hour drive.

  7. #7
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: IHI excavator

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiotikarl View Post
    I did send an e-mail to IHI this morning and have already been answered Talk about feed back A man named Bosco Gant answered most of my questions. The model i was looking at is a gray market unit, said all IS models but one (IS-7GX) are gray market. To have parts doesn't seem to be a problem unless the parts have to be ordered directly from Japan.
    He also gave me the name and number of the closest dealer, which like for anything else around here is a few hour drive.
    You will be happy with the units. Other than a spotty dealer network depending on location, they are good, solid and dependable mini's.

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,138
    Location
    East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar___
    Tractor
    Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB

    Default Re: IHI excavator

    You'll like it much better than a compact mounted backhoe. Besides, the more machines, the more "fun",,,,,,right?

  9. #9
    Super Member Dargo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,980
    Location
    S. IN
    Tractor
    Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.

    Default Re: IHI excavator

    Quote Originally Posted by 20 20 View Post
    I have a IHI 35 J runs strong quiet and uses little fuel There is a web site that can tell you what you need to know IHI Compact Excavators I can't remember the gentlemans name to talk to off hand but if you get in touch with them they will be more then helpfull. The only reason I would contact them is because there are SOME IHI models that are hard to get parts for in the states. This doesn't make those models bad but without parts you could end up with an issue. As Bob Rooks said they are a respected machine and IMO dependable, comfortable to run with low noise and low fuel consumption{atleast mine is}.
    You'll find that a mini is a very useful digger. When you click you link, it goes to an 8 ton machine. That is about the size of my larger mini. It will dig circles around any dedicated excavator and make the ones you add on subcompact tractors look like a glorified shovel. The size you're looking at will dig with most 'full sized' backhoes where the one you'd put on your tractor won't come remotely close to being able to do that sort of work.
    1982 18" Murray push mower (B&S industrial 8 hp engine!) custom deck, new blade - became unbalanced when one side old blade broke off!
    HF moving dolly - high torque! Dogbone multi-wrench too..wait, it split on first use.
    My trash man is the greatest. No matter how bad the economy gets and how bad stocks drop or how bad home values drop, his business is always picking up.

  10. #10
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,202
    Location
    adirondacks

    Default Re: IHI excavator

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Rooks View Post
    Had I known then what I know now, I would have went with the excavator (but I'd still have the dozer)
    I agree having both makes life much easier.

Similar Threads

  1. Bobcat Compact Excavator Test Drive
    By Haoleguy in forum Bobcat Construction Equipment
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 11:21 AM
  2. Excavator Thoughts
    By Turbys_1700 in forum Construction Equipment
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 04:12 AM
  3. help selecting new excavator
    By KINGKUBOTA in forum Construction Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 06:04 PM
  4. Compact Excavator on slope
    By BigEddy in forum Construction Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2004, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.