A/C track loader worth it?

/ A/C track loader worth it? #2  
He says, UC at 45%. That means its actually at 30%. Thats enough right there to look elsewhere. NO idea on parts availability for an old AC. Could be (and likely is) a nightmare. If youre going to actually work it, id find something that has a better undercarrage as a starting point, and something your sure has decent parts availability

/ A/C track loader worth it? #3  
That's not a bad price as long as it runs you can part it out and get more than that for parts and scrap most of the parts you can still find and those where a real bear had a lot power.

/ A/C track loader worth it? #4  
Up here you can buy track loaders, even newer ones with better parts availability all day long for those kind of prices. Not a popular machine anymore. Not sure why exactly, skid steers are faster and more nimble I guess.

/ A/C track loader worth it? #5  
That's not a bad price as long as it runs you can part it out and get more than that for parts and scrap most of the parts you can still find and those where a real bear had a lot power.

I would agree with this. Its not like you are going to go out and put it to work right? If it starts, has decent power, and its not leaking fluid all over the place, what can you get for 4 grand? I rented a Case track loader (I think it was a 450 or 550-looked about the same size) to tear my cottage down- can't beat track machines for that sort of work-

As for the UC, again you going to work the **** out of it? Probably not. and a little care in how you operate goes a long way to prolonging life. Check with some of the used equipment yards in your area to see how many parts machines might be around.

Offer him 3 grand-can't hurt

/ A/C track loader worth it? #6  
I would agree with this. Its not like you are going to go out and put it to work right? If it starts, has decent power, and its not leaking fluid all over the place, what can you get for 4 grand? I rented a Case track loader (I think it was a 450 or 550-looked about the same size) to tear my cottage down- can't beat track machines for that sort of work-

As for the UC, again you going to work the **** out of it? Probably not. and a little care in how you operate goes a long way to prolonging life. Check with some of the used equipment yards in your area to see how many parts machines might be around.

Offer him 3 grand-can't hurt

HaH! After I posted this I went to Machinerytrader.com and searched Case. the guy I rented it from, (Robert Childs Inc) has two for sale-one of these is probably the one I rented-- 14 grand!

/ A/C track loader worth it? #7  
Up here you can buy track loaders, even newer ones with better parts availability all day long for those kind of prices. Not a popular machine anymore. Not sure why exactly, skid steers are faster and more nimble I guess.

Excavators (track hoe) turned track loaders into dinosaurs.

/ A/C track loader worth it?

Funny you mention that. Decades ago I used to run an AC 7060 with a 15' batwing on a big land conservancy and it was probably the best tractor I ever drove. Sick power. There was a comparably sized Deere (~150HP)and it walked all over the Deere.
I thought it was a good price-winch included.

/ A/C track loader worth it? #9  
Good price I always wanted one but never could justify one.
What are your plans for the little monster?
What I have found is a bobcat 400 per day will move alot of dirt or a payloader 1000 per day will load a lot of trucks.

/ A/C track loader worth it?
I have a customer with horrible drainage & grading problems that I could use it for. Just always wanted one, but could never justify the undercarriage/expenses they can come with.