Waldon 5000 loaders

/ Waldon 5000 loaders #1  

cstamm81

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Mahindra 3016HST, Kubota F2880
Curious if anyone has any experience with Waldon articulated loaders? I ran into some for sale on craigslist, like this one here: Waldon Loader

It seems like the 5000 series would be what I am after. Curious if they are a suitable replacement for a skid steer? Or if they have the hydraulics to run skid steer attachments? I want a machine for moving material around my property faster than my Terramite, loading a single axle full size dump truck, and putting forks on to move large pallets of firewood. I like that fact that these wont rip up the lawn near as bad as a skidder. Let me know if anyone has any info or experience with them.

/ Waldon 5000 loaders #2  
I got this old Waldon 500 allready for 15 yrs(looks similar to yours)
build like a tank,strong as an ox.
Like you said they are easy on a lawn and more agile than a skidsteer.

I got right now a 6.2 GM diesel in it(soon to be replaced with a 3054 cat).
you can like i did change the hydr pumps with a commercial stackable one if you want to up the flow(mine are a 50 and 35 gal/min)(see pic)

A good solid loader as long as you're not in a hurry on rough terrain(bumpy like h3ll).;)

Attachments

• DSC02391.jpg
    DSC02391.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,517
  • DSC02393.jpg
    DSC02393.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 2,378
   / Waldon 5000 loaders
can a 5000 load a single axle full size dump? I like the old tank style machines, easy to work on and get parts for, would be perfect around my property if I could find one cheap...

/ Waldon 5000 loaders #4  
can a 5000 load a single axle full size dump? I like the old tank style machines, easy to work on and get parts for, would be perfect around my property if I could find one cheap...
Don't know if the 5000 has a higher reach,ask the guy that has it for sale.

My 500 loader arms can just reach over te side of the box on a tandem gravel truck.I think 9'

/ Waldon 5000 loaders #5  
As far as using skid steer attachments is concerned, the bigger problem than hydraulics is that it doesn't have the skid steer coupler.

/ Waldon 5000 loaders #6  
Well ,that is easy enough to solve with a attachment blank,some steel,a drill press,a cutoff saw and a welder.;)

/ Waldon 5000 loaders #8  
Well ,that is easy enough to solve with a attachment blank,some steel,a drill press,a cutoff saw and a welder.;)

Except that he'll need the male side of the coupler which is just a wee bit more involved than scabbing a mounting onto the back of an attachment.

/ Waldon 5000 loaders #9  
Well,i ain't gonna argue,skills differ.
But I would have no problem building one from scratch.;)