Price of a D-3 or D-4 Caterpillar ?

/ Price of a D-3 or D-4 Caterpillar ? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Without(me) asking a Caterpillar salesman...does anyone know what a new D-3 or a D-4 Caterpillar would cost? I am guessing around a $100,000...

/ Price of a D-3 or D-4 Caterpillar ?
Here in the NW a D3 is 78K +tax.
--B

/ Price of a D-3 or D-4 Caterpillar ? #3  
I belive i heard my Cat dealer say they come in at around 80 000, maybe a little lower. Id buy a used Grey market D3B or 4C. Most of Caterpillars little dozers are made in Japan by Mitsubishi. You can get a good long track wide pad with a sixway blade for around 14,000. Most have good pins nd bushings in the tracks and are tight. Id personally stay awa from the ones with a straight blade because there hard to get blade parts for. My brother had one with his company that was a Grey it had the same parts as a US one.

/ Price of a D-3 or D-4 Caterpillar ? #4  
There is a simple formula for small machines:

Price = Horsepower * $1100±

D3G is 70 hp so price = $77000±.
D4G is 80 hp so price = $88000±.

This is only an approximation. Price is dependent on options and how willing your dealer is to deal.

Personally, I would not get a Grey Market Cat as getting parts and service through your dealer might be difficult. Some foerign machines have different components due to local requirements If you plan on doing all the maintenece yourself then that is different.

JT

/ Price of a D-3 or D-4 Caterpillar ? #5  
Well I had a post in here mentioning my dozer I have and it was deleted because I said it was for sale and described it with a price for YOUR comparision but anyway now if you want to know you can send me a private message if you or anyone is interested in knowing some price differences since that is what you were asking.. I kinda understand the deletion because it does belong in the classifieds section but it was a comparision for you also.

As far as parts being a problem all you have to do before buying a grey market machine is to call your local dealer that handles that brand and they will tell you what is a problem if there is any. All dealers will be able to get the parts it's just that they want you to buy their own machines. Who can blame them for wanting that but for saying that the parts aren't available is BULL. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif But correct me if I'm wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Darin

/ Price of a D-3 or D-4 Caterpillar ? #6  
Grey can be different in some areas and can be a nightmare as one needs the foreign manuals for part#s Bearings for a D6 is one I remember from the ACMOC site. In the grey, the U.S. parts were not even close as the factory in wherever sourced parts from a different supplier.

/ Price of a D-3 or D-4 Caterpillar ? #7  
Your bio. doesn't indicate where you live but if you are close to Tennessee I know of an excellent dealer that sells grey market dozers. He has sold several D3s that are in good shape. If you are interested in his name email me privately.
As for getting parts for greys he has had very little problem. I do remember on one ocassion he had a small problem finding a source for rubber tracks but had them within a week from an aftermarket supplier.

/ Price of a D-3 or D-4 Caterpillar ?
Does he have a web page?

/ Price of a D-3 or D-4 Caterpillar ? #9  
Here is what mine looks like for your viewing. For details check the classifieds for this and 2 D31P's and 1 D20A.

Darin

Attachments

• 236246-A 012.jpg
    236246-A 012.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 409
   / Price of a D-3 or D-4 Caterpillar ? #10  
He doesn't have a web site yet but his name is Robert Hamilton and the phone number is 615-740-8868 or toll free 888-264-0454.