Hitachi UH083LC Excavator

/ Hitachi UH083LC Excavator #1  

AndyMA

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
I just picked up a new for me, Hitachi UH083LC 44,000 lb excavator. It has 10,000 hours, the motor, turbo and hydraulics are fine. The undercarriage is in tough shape. I'm going to be using it on the farm to put in a road, pull large rocks and dig a few foundations so hopefully it will hang together until I'm done and can sell it. The work just takes too long with the TN75D and Woods 1050 hoe. Does anybody know where I can find any good used undercarriage parts cheap. Can th eundercarriage parts be rebuilt? The boy in the photo is my 17 year old son Jim who I'll be teaching to run it also. Maybe I'm crazy, but I always wanted a big excavator. I love the power, and cant' wait to see what I can dig up. I'll let you know.

Andy

Attachments

• 234975-HitachiandJim.jpg
    234975-HitachiandJim.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,564
   / Hitachi UH083LC Excavator
Another picture of the new toy...

Hope it doesn't eat me out of house and home.

Attachments

• 234976-Hitachi083_2.jpg
    234976-Hitachi083_2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,616
   / Hitachi UH083LC Excavator
last one

Attachments

• 234977-Hitachi083_1.jpg
    234977-Hitachi083_1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,382
   / Hitachi UH083LC Excavator #4  
Hi Andy,

Don't hold me to it... but I believe Hitachi and Deere has a joint partnership on some of the HD construction units... especially the excavators made by Hitachi for Deere...

You may surprise yourself, as Deere has some very good prices on a number of remanufactured components... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Hitachi UH083LC Excavator #5  
You may want to check with this outfit Schaefer Enterprises

If they dont have what you need they may know someone else who does!

That is one nice trackhoe you have there, dont have too much fun with it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gary

/ Hitachi UH083LC Excavator #6  
Hitachi has built every JD excavator starting with the 690C. Used to be, the only difference was the JDs had JD engines, and the Hitachis had Izusus. The late model ones are all Hitachi painted yellow. Even part#s are the same now. So head on down to JD and see what the word is.

/ Hitachi UH083LC Excavator #7  
Nice looking hoe! You might check with some of your local welding shops. A competent welder can rebuild the rails (chains) for you. The sprockets, if they are sharp pointed, will have to be replaced. If it is a sectional sprocket, you can simply unbolt and replace sections one at a time. If not, you will have to pull the sprockets with a heavy, multi-ton puller. Unfortunately to repair the chains you will have to break the track at the master pin to do repairs. This is very heavy and dangerous work! Make sure you have the tools and think safety constantly. Those heavy components will bite you real quick. The chains alone on my little D-20 weigh 300 lbs. apiece. When you add the pads and bolts they get real heavy. I like working on the durn things, I just hate paying for the parts. Be prepared for sticker shock, parts for any heavy equipment is not cheap. Here is a sight that might help you chase down used parts or manuals: www.ytmag.com/crawlers/wwwboard1.html. Good luck and have fun!

/ Hitachi UH083LC Excavator #8  
My computer is going screwy on me. The sight I gave you will get you there. Just go to forums and scroll down to crawlers, dozers, loaders and backhoes. The sight comes up just fine on my computer and gives me that address, but the sight address here says that it is out of date. Oh well! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Hitachi UH083LC Excavator #9  
There is a large equipment salvage yard in East Hartford just off of I-84. I have never been there but it might be worth checking out. I can not remember the name but you would probably need to go in person. Once you pass the Showcase Cinemas on your left, when heading towards Hartford, take the next exit on your right. It can be seen from the highway.

WI Clark is the JD industrial dealer for your area, if you want to try and use JD parts. They are in the old Franklin Pakulis location on route 32. If you need welding try Windham Industries on route 203.

JT

/ Hitachi UH083LC Excavator #10  
East Hartford equipment is still there. Although it is now pretty much used up iron. Only half the size it use to be.
On the wleding note, just around the corner form Andy's farm is a big welder shop right in Eastford proper, half mile south of Bowen's Ford on 198.