Takeuchi tl130 new to me! Advice?

/ Takeuchi tl130 new to me! Advice? #1  

Jayfish

Tractor
753 bobcat
Just bought a Takeuchi tl130 for 14k with 880 hours on it. It's a 2001. Anyone think that was a good buy or did I pay too much. Skid steer seems to be 100% Everything I tested worked and tracks are about 70%. Just wanted some feedback - anyone use one and know anything I should check or be aware of. I am going to do a complete filter and oil change on it. Thanks all.

/ Takeuchi tl130 new to me! Advice? #2  
I Think it's a decent deal. Only thing comparable that I see online in age, hours and price are a few rough looking rental units. If it's a clean, private owner, well maintained machine I especially don't think you got hurt by any means. They appear to always have favorable reviews and I know their mini ex's are top notch. I know there's a lot of opinions on every brand but I've read of several Takeuchi owners that have had other brands and say it the best skid steer they've owned. I think the Yanmar engine will give you thousands of hours of trouble free service as well. Looks like there's plenty of them out there with 4-5000 hrs on them and apparently still running strong...at least for the prices they're asking, they should be. It's apples and oranges but a friend just rolled 12,000 hrs. on one of his Yanmar engine pieces of Deere commercial equipment. 70% on the tracks sounds reasonable as well....I cringe every time I see the prices on replacements. Seems like everything I've read is that most of the "cheap" ( that's a subjective word in this case...even they are expensive) aftermarket tracks don't get nearly as many hours out of them as the better brands and the OEM's. Good track and undercarriage condition would be high on my list as positives.

/ Takeuchi tl130 new to me! Advice?
Kernopelli said:
I Think it's a decent deal. Only thing comparable that I see online in age, hours and price are a few rough looking rental units. If it's a clean, private owner, well maintained machine I especially don't think you got hurt by any means. They appear to always have favorable reviews and I know their mini ex's are top notch. I know there's a lot of opinions on every brand but I've read of several Takeuchi owners that have had other brands and say it the best skid steer they've owned. I think the Yanmar engine will give you thousands of hours of trouble free service as well. Looks like there's plenty of them out there with 4-5000 hrs on them and apparently still running strong...at least for the prices they're asking, they should be. It's apples and oranges but a friend just rolled 12,000 hrs. on one of his Yanmar engine pieces of Deere commercial equipment. 70% on the tracks sounds reasonable as well....I cringe every time I see the prices on replacements. Seems like everything I've read is that most of the "cheap" ( that's a subjective word in this case...even they are expensive) aftermarket tracks don't get nearly as many hours out of them as the better brands and the OEM's. Good track and undercarriage condition would be high on my list as positives.

Yeah I don't think I did too bad. It was a privately owned person who had it and it was well greased and seems like he took really good care of all his stuff. He had a nice home. I hope it give me a long good run. I am done spending on skids for a while. I have a 753 bobcat I still own also I bought last year. Good machine. But man didn't realize how loud it was compared to the Takeuchi. Takeuchi purrs. Thanks for the input!

/ Takeuchi tl130 new to me! Advice? #4  
as a comparison, I sold a 2005 Takeuchi TL130 this spring with 805 hours on it for $23,000 and was worried I sold it too cheap. It had a cab and heater on it - don't know if yours does. But, if the machine you bought is a privately owned machine and well-maintained, I'd say you stole it.

No worries - it's a great machine and should serve you well.