ASV/Terex is killing my business!

/ ASV/Terex is killing my business! #11  
My machine is in the 600 hour range and has served me well so far. I did understand that the tracks last 1,000 hours and tracks and undercarriage replacement are $10,000. that is $10/hr so I just billed it into my rate.
It sounds like yours is at the end of it track life...but may have some other issues?

I agree, you have to figure all the incidentals into your rate. If you get one of the new PT-100G's you'd better figure a little more. I got a little card from Terex advertising that the tracks and under carrage were on sale. I think it was $14995.00 or something like that. That add's 50% to what we've been figuring. :(
Terex gave me a new machine over a month ago to replace the lemon I had bought. It has been sitting on a trailer in my front yard since I picked it up. I got it sold this week (thank God), and will finish the deal on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday.

Andy

/ ASV/Terex is killing my business!
QuickDraw

Ted, I had 2 reps from Terex come out to go over some of the issues with my machine. They stayed for 2 days to watch me work and make some adjustments. Couple of issues they believe amy be contributing to the overheating. 1st is the dealer speced out the wrong grass & light brush flail mower for me, I to one that runs on 38 rpm and that about maxes the flow rate of the machine, they suggested a swap of motors (just under $1k for new motor, I ordered it) The other issue is the reservable fan was not as powerful as it should have been they agreed to supply a new one , still waiting to hear who's paying for the install (my opinion is if it hasn't worked since day one they should pay to put it in as well) They also looked at the tracks and agreed the rubber never vulcanized to the cords and agreed to replace one (the other was recently replaced with a used one I bought from the dealer) They should provide 2 new ones as far as I'm concerned, The continual throwing of the track was that they were not tightened to spec. I am working with the dealer on that, but I will keep a scale in my truck now and check it once a week. I am pleased they showed up and spent 2 days with me but am still waiting to hear what they will cover and pay for as far as labor. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

My dealer let me use the PT100G (not a forestry unit) to do some Grass mowing with, not 100% impressed with it the air filter is a bull to get at, lots of places for dust & twigs to get into the engine compartment. Fuel tank wraps around the cab and is plastic, That could be a major issue with forestry work. Tracks seem really good same as what ASV ran on the SR 80, much improved. A little hard to get used to the engine response with a mower head running it has an auto throttle in the computer to back off and increase as the work demands but if you are moving it also affects your speed. I guess it would just take some getting used to, I would like to have a closer look at a 100-G Forestry and try it out. This unit was just a 100 G. Still out on it. Just don't know if I trust them. We will see how these fixes go and what they will honor!! Bill T.

/ ASV/Terex is killing my business! #13  
Purchase a Woods Boss and be done:

Home

They give very little to no trouble at all and work good on slopes too.

/ ASV/Terex is killing my business! #14  
I agree, you have to figure all the incidentals into your rate. If you get one of the new PT-100G's you'd better figure a little more. I got a little card from Terex advertising that the tracks and under carrage were on sale. I think it was $14995.00 or something like that. That add's 50% to what we've been figuring. :(
Terex gave me a new machine over a month ago to replace the lemon I had bought. It has been sitting on a trailer in my front yard since I picked it up. I got it sold this week (thank God), and will finish the deal on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday.

Andy

Are you getting out of the mulching business? I know a few mulchers that got out because of the ASV's.

/ ASV/Terex is killing my business! #15  

Andy

I got the same card, and you need to look a little more closely, or call your dealer. The $14k cost you are referring to includes the entire undercarriage including the drive motors, hoses, rails, wheels, tracks, etc. The price to replace both tracks, both fully assembled sprockets and all 48 wheels is $8,695.00 for the package with 18" wide tracks, and $9,595.00 for the package with 20" wide tracks. If you bought the package and replaced everything at 1,000 hours it would cost you roughly $8.69 per hour or $9.59 per hour depending on your track width.

My RC50 undercariage package would cost $5,695.00 so if I replaced everything at 1,000hours it would cost me roughly $5.69 per hour to run my undercarriage. I have well over 2,000 hours on my machine and I haven't even replaced all of the mid rollers ( I did replace tracks right around 2,000 hours and some wheels and sprockets). It is highly unlikely that every wheel would need to be replaced at 1,000 hours, but at least the package price gives someone a baseline to approximate the cost.

/ ASV/Terex is killing my business! #16  
Bill,
Terex would like to better understand the current issues you have experienced with your PT-100 and assist at whatever level we can. Please feel free to give me a call at your next opportunity.

Thank you,
Buck Storlie
Terex/ASV Product Support
218-322-4353

/ ASV/Terex is killing my business! #17  
Are you getting out of the mulching business? I know a few mulchers that got out because of the ASV's.

Wow! Sorry, I didn't realize it had been so long since I checked this thread.

No, I'm not getting out of the mulching business. I'm just switching brands of machines. I'm not saying that Terex doesn't make a good machine, I'm saying that the machine I bought was not a good machine. Out of 150 days that I activly owned the machine, it was in the dealers shop 60. That is what was unacceptable to me, and I think that a lot of that was the dealer. I got 0 customer service from them.
In my opinion anyone living West of central Texas should steer clear of owning a Terex compact track loader untill they get some decent dealers out here.

Andy

/ ASV/Terex is killing my business! #18  
I got the same card, and you need to look a little more closely, or call your dealer. The $14k cost you are referring to includes the entire undercarriage including the drive motors, hoses, rails, wheels, tracks, etc. The price to replace both tracks, both fully assembled sprockets and all 48 wheels is $8,695.00 for the package with 18" wide tracks, and $9,595.00 for the package with 20" wide tracks. If you bought the package and replaced everything at 1,000 hours it would cost you roughly $8.69 per hour or $9.59 per hour depending on your track width.

My RC50 undercariage package would cost $5,695.00 so if I replaced everything at 1,000hours it would cost me roughly $5.69 per hour to run my undercarriage. I have well over 2,000 hours on my machine and I haven't even replaced all of the mid rollers ( I did replace tracks right around 2,000 hours and some wheels and sprockets). It is highly unlikely that every wheel would need to be replaced at 1,000 hours, but at least the package price gives someone a baseline to approximate the cost.

Hahaha. Either you got a different card than I did, or you called your dealer and priced the tracks for me. You really don't need to do that. :laughing:
I would call my dealer, but I don't have one anymore. I'm one of the lucky ones that got rid of mine.
Personally, I think that if you're going to continue to cheer lead for ASV/Terex that you need to sell that little RC-50, get a PT-100 and start working it hard every day (preferrably with a mulcher) day in, and day out. Then you could see how much you really like them. At least you'd have some credibility in what you're talking about.

Andy

/ ASV/Terex is killing my business! #19  
Hey Red Prospector and anyone else West of Texas concerned there are no good dealers out here in the West FMI Sales has an excellent reputation with our customers I can give you 50 plus name of satisfied ASV/Terex customers that we have sold machines to. We are happy to reach out to you, even if farther away, if your local dealer is not or you don't have one. Yes there have been problems with both Terex machines and ASV machines especially in the Brush Grinding Business. But there has been just as many problems with Bobcat, Cat, JohnDeere, and every other manufacture that builds a CTL and their customers use it in the harshest environment there is. And there are good dealers and bad dealers for all manufactures Cat, BobCat and John Deere all run not walk when it comes to Brush Cutting and unless you're a Customer spending 100's of Thousands of dollars with them you probably won't get treated very well.
FMI is 1000 miles from Red Prospector and I offered to help. And there are many other good dealers out there. ASV/Terex gets the most comments on this because they have sold by far the most machines into the industry for Brush cutting. FMI has sold over 100 since we started selling ASV. Currently we have sold 3 PT 100G Forestry units into Brush Cutting one with 1600 hundred hours on it since October of 2010 and it did not work from Thanksgiving until April Because of our heavy snowfall and extreme weather. The second unit has been in our rental fleet with more than 500 hours since April with only a couple of down days to do updates.

/ ASV/Terex is killing my business! #20  
Hahaha. Either you got a different card than I did, or you called your dealer and priced the tracks for me. You really don't need to do that. :laughing:
I would call my dealer, but I don't have one anymore. I'm one of the lucky ones that got rid of mine.
Personally, I think that if you're going to continue to cheer lead for ASV/Terex that you need to sell that little RC-50, get a PT-100 and start working it hard every day (preferrably with a mulcher) day in, and day out. Then you could see how much you really like them. At least you'd have some credibility in what you're talking about.

Andy

I'm sorry, I didn't think that there was a minimum engine horsepower requirement or machine model requirement needed on this site or forum to either make a comment or have "credibility". Does a tractor count? How about a skid steer? Having sold hundreds of machines at a Bobcat dealership? Common sense?

Please let me know what it takes so that I can "have some credibility on what I'm talking about". I was always under the impression that this was an all-inclusive web forum; even for those of us that own something other than a mulching machine.