Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Default Re: ASV/Terex is killing my business!

Quote Originally Posted by darynxbcoupe View Post
    Hi Bill,
    I just purchased a brand new pt 50 after 9 hours it has oil on top of number 4 piston they clame we put it on its nose which is false we have had injectors tested and the number number 4 was the best number 1 is stuck open and 2 ,3 are bad we have no warranty because they say we drove it up big hills which is wrong biggest incline measures 15 degrees so we are not impressed they say if you put it on its nose for 10 seconds your engine pretty much blows up any thoughts would be appreciatted
    Did you follow a break-in procedure for the engine? Sounds like a broken piston ring (s). Are the oil pans flat on the bottom and without baffles? If so, they don't belong in that application. Oil pans should have a deep V center with the oil pickup down very low. This is also a strong argument for a transverse engine going up and down steep inclines. Also thinking there should be an inclinometer alarm.
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, 7' Dual Dozer with dual Trimble GCR-2 laser receivers.

Gold Member

I have an RC50 and have gone up and down inclines steeper than 15 degrees probably hundreds if not thousands of times. 15 degrees isn't even a three to one slope. My manual even says somewhere in it that the machine is rated for 15 degrees side to side. I think that the dealer is giving you the run around.

Tractor
    PT50

yeh its become a bit of a nightmare for our business. They say that the warranty is now void and we haven't a leg to stand on because of the oil in number 4. But as I mentioned before that is the best one None of it makes sense. Whenever I try to argue our position the guy says "I am just working on the facts, there is oil in number 4". Since the bobcat is in bits in their workshop I am hiring machines to keep things running on site.

I agree that if this is such a huge (and costly issue) with these machines there should definately be an inclinometer to inform the driver if the engine is struggling or whatever is happening.

How can I ever feel confident in this machine now? Even if they do fix it - its probably going to play up again and again. Biggest regret is ever buying the **** thing

Gold Member

The manual does in fact say that you can work on inclines up to 15 degrees (I have an older RC50 and it does have a slope indicator in it). I have also had a conversation with a factory representative that stated that the side-side engine limitation was over 20 degrees, and I would guess that this is the same for front-back. I would ask the dealer to contact the factory so they can produce the technical limitations of that 2.2L Perkins engine. I bet you will find that 15 degrees is well within the limit. Good luck.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel S View Post
    Ward Equipment in Greensburg Indiana, has the largest inventory of new skid steer, excavator, and track loader attachments for compact construction equipment that are readily available for immediate delivery. We carry a wide range of Grapples, Forks, Buckets, Auger Bits, Spears, Mowers, Brooms and more.

All new compact construction equipment attachments will come with a 1 Year Warranty protecting you in the event of an attachment failure due to poor workmanship or defects. This warranty is 100% coverage (not pro-rated) for the first 12 months from date of purchase.

Thanks

Rachel !!!

Hi Rachel!!!

I just went back and read some of your other recent posts and was wondering if you are the same Rachel that keeps calling me from Credit Card Services with urgent information about my credit card balance.

Have a nice day!!!

John!!!

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Hi Rachel!!!

I just went back and read some of your other recent posts and was wondering if you are the same Rachel that keeps calling me from Credit Card Services with urgent information about my credit card balance.

Have a nice day!!!

John!!!
    I believe they are one in the same, and they have mastered "copy 'n paste".
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, 7' Dual Dozer with dual Trimble GCR-2 laser receivers.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Rooks View Post
    I believe they are one in the same, and they have mastered "copy 'n paste".
    Looks like TBN management "cut 'n pasted" her back out in the street!

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Looks like TBN management "cut 'n pasted" her back out in the street!
    Til next time.

Quote Originally Posted by trailbuilder View Post
    My machine is in the 600 hour range and has served me well so far. I did understand that the tracks last 1,000 hours and tracks and undercarriage replacement are $10,000. that is $10/hr so I just billed it into my rate.
    It sounds like yours is at the end of it track life...but may have some other issues?
    ASV has had problems since they went into masticating. Poor Cab air quality actually cause a mandatory retirement with 70% loss of lung function. The problem is they have some poor dealers whom just want to sell. Secondly, they have great attorneys that run you out of money in litigation. Masticating is a hard business. Super trac did a good job but could not make it.

Being a mechanical engineer I was able to modify many of the problems with the PT100 Forestry. BUt, a machine not built for masticating will never perform like a true machine built for the specific purpose. The problem is most of the forestry machines are huge and do not work in the urban interface.

T am now thinking a large mini excavator with a masticator head could be the answer. Less "ground movement with 20+ foot wide swath width. With a 6 way blade you could build "mini pads" to work off on much steeper slopes. The efficiency of a 36" head with ample hydraulic HP vs an underpowered 72" or 84" head provides much more efficiency. The answer might be a aux hydraulic power unit on the counterweight with a 100 hp power pack. (just like the big machines). A long stick with the additional weight would cover a lot of ground. The problem I see is the ROPS must be rated for the weight of the Power Unit ,Machine and Masticator Head. This is hard to find. A structural engineer can certify it without destructive testing if you can find one.

Lastly, most of the big forestry companies have went to aftermarket cab pressurization. You also must do the same. This will require an oversize alternator and a/c compressor. Red Dot makes some very good units for spray cabs. If you run the Fed Dot Equipment off the Aux Power Unit it works well by the numbers. BUt, remember. a machine not built with a tight cab for spraying or forestry will be 2x to 4x looser than a true forestry machine". Therefore, oversize the a/c and pressurization blower.

We plan to build such a machine next winter based upon a kubota KX 040 and a 100 HP APU. The 6 way blade on the KN 040 is as functional as a new Cat D-3. The machine is solid and everything is accessible. We will build a custom swing away 1 1/4" lexan front shield, install cyclone pre filters, reversing radiator fan and seal up the shell penetrations with an 3/32" stainless screen. We may also build a 1 1/2" schedule 80 protection cage to protect the lightweight fiberglass body panels. This is the best "adaptable"machine we have found so far.

We have even ran the numbers on a boom mounted winch and grapple. This 10,000 lb machine could be a mini Barto of the future. But it will be a three year project. I have not seen how receptive Kubota Engineering will be to bolt on modifications to their machine.as.

Call me if you have any suggestions.

JonRemalia 530 640 3473

Tractor
    Timber King TK711
    Ted [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

TR Landworks, LLC

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast