Case 1845 Skid loader, easy question

/ Case 1845 Skid loader, easy question #1  

Varmintmist

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra3510
Where is the drain plug for the chain drive on the left?

There are 2 plugs near the rear, not sure which one to yank. The gasket for the front cover was not under the cover and it has had to live outside in some bad weather.

Access to the book wont happen till Mon eve, I could be back up and running tomorrow if I can get the chocolate milk out of the drive, change the oil, and with some gasketex, form up a seal.

/ Case 1845 Skid loader, easy question #2  
Not pos. but the lower is prolly the drain and the upper, fill to level.

/ Case 1845 Skid loader, easy question
diff in height is about 1/2 in. Both are mounted under the drive chain tank at the rear of the skid loader. Left and Rt side are the same, 2 per.
Fill is from the top where the gasket was out of place.

I might yank the forward one and see what comes out tomorrow AM. They could be front and back for the tanks of I might be letting gasoline out.

/ Case 1845 Skid loader, easy question
FYI

Front plug. Got about 5 gal of water out of it before any oil showed. Its drained, flushed it with fuel oil and decided to let it stand open.

/ Case 1845 Skid loader, easy question #5  
I had an 1845 for a while years ago-tough as nails- but I traded it off without doing any service to the chaincase(s) there must be an inspection/service cover to it, usually between the wheels, with a bunch of bolts around it. If u drained that much water, It might be a good idea to peek in there anyway. I believe that the chain (the lower side if it) should run through the oil and it carries it up to lube the axles as well. This should be around your oil "depth". There is an adjustment on the slack in the chain that is usually adjusted by loosening the axles and spreading them out to pull the slack out of the chains. Your covers might have to be off for this adj. also. Sounds like you have a manual coming to set you straight. Good luck.

/ Case 1845 Skid loader, easy question #6  
FYI

Front plug. Got about 5 gal of water out of it before any oil showed. Its drained, flushed it with fuel oil and decided to let it stand open.
Curious what you think that accomplished since both fuel and oil are miscible and float on water.
I recommend Sea Foam | Products or equivalent for best results.