Case 310G Dozer (Fan)

/ Case 310G Dozer (Fan) #1  

JRA29

I have a 1968 Case 310G Dozer, its a good runnning machine with a little blow-by. I was wondering about the fan it sucks air in the radiator to the engine by doing so it gets a lot of leaves on the radiator, causing the engine to run warm and operator. Can if this can be reversed, to blow air away from the engine?

/ Case 310G Dozer (Fan) #2  
You can't reverse the fan (it will still pull air). Pusher fans are available. You can always mount a cleanable screen in front of the radiator or, as some (and myself) do, mount a replaceable furnace filter in front of it.:thumbsup:

/ Case 310G Dozer (Fan) #3  
afternoon

many old cats have revesible fans you can twist the blades individually and reverse them not sure about a little case remember the stuff will get sucked in around the engine and increase fire danger. we used to run on suck in winter and blow in summer want window screen on side covers when you run on blow to keep crap out of engine area

greg

/ Case 310G Dozer (Fan)
Thanks for the info I believe I will have to get me a screen for it.

/ Case 310G Dozer (Fan) #5  
They did make seperate fan blades, suction, and push for the 310G. You'll probably have to go to Case Construction parts, and see which one will fit yours, or maybe they all fit, all models... whether either a gas, or diesel.

Here is the link for Case Construction : CASE

Put your cursor on "Parts and Service", and a drop down menu will give you several selections. Click on 'Search for parts". Enter your model number and go from there. Fan and fan belt is down towards the bottom of the parts (scroll down to 141A page number to the left) listing. There are serial number breaks, so you'll need yours.

I copied and pasted the first serial nuumber run pusher fan part number, and chose the disel pusher fan part number. Coleman Equipment shows one, but no price. It says price available, after placing order. So either it is real expensive, or not available...

Here is a link to a salvage yard for crawlers. Crawler Heaven | New Parts You may find one there by chance, as it says he has a/some 310G('s) Or may be able to help you find one.

/ Case 310G Dozer (Fan) #6  
If yours is a gas model, here is the part number to the pusher fan blade.
D27437

I checked through all models of the serial number run, and this fan fits them all.

The good news is..., this pusher fan was standard on all loader type models. So it may not be all that hard to find one. Finding one nice & straight, may be the problem.

Hope this helps..!!