Bobcat 905B backhoe attachment

/ Bobcat 905B backhoe attachment #1  

Renze

Elite Member
Tractor
Zetor 3011, Zetor 5718
Does anyone know what size they are ? i can buy one cheap, for 250 euro. It is missing two cylinders but i can replace them with some standard ones from (the dutch equivalent of) HF.
I was planning on welding 3pt brackets on it and use it behind my 3011 to replace the shovel on many smaller farm and house projects.

How big is this 905 backhoe and to which current model does it compare ? I cant find any specifications.

/ Bobcat 905B backhoe attachment #2  
   / Bobcat 905B backhoe attachment #4  
I think its actually too small for my 3011 but the price seems right..

I guess that's okay if you're just going to use it for a pick & shovel. Personally, I wouldn't bother with it. Get something a little larger and useful.... with a hydraulic thumb. And if you value your time and effort to repair the odd 905b, then you'll be money ahead to get a larger and more practical unit anyway.

The price is NOT right if it's use is that limited.

/ Bobcat 905B backhoe attachment
The price is NOT right if it's use is that limited.
Used tractor backhoes are rare in Holland. People who might buy one, are those with a CUT, people born on a farm, maintaining a property with 5 acres and a horse, will have a Ford Dexta or MF 135 and use a shovel when needed.
Its not a machine to dig some serious stumps, but CUT sized backhoes seem to sell for 2000 euro used.

If i can clean some drainage ditches with it, and dig the occasional trench, i'm happy for now. I'm sure that once done, it will sell for way more than i have in it.

The ultimate machine i'm looking for, is a machine that will pull the 5245 off its tires. It should be connected to the loader subframe then.

/ Bobcat 905B backhoe attachment #6  
For 250 euro Id jump on it. Shop around for the best cylinder price and it's still a bargain. Even being a little small, it will still do a lot of work and be a money maker for you when It's time to sell it.

/ Bobcat 905B backhoe attachment
For 250 euro Id jump on it. Shop around for the best cylinder price and it's still a bargain. Even being a little small, it will still do a lot of work and be a money maker for you when It's time to sell it.
The guy found one of the missing cylinders back and we've agreed on 300. New cylinders would start from 80 euro onwards so still not bad.

Once i have it home i'll decide what to do: Get the original size replacement cylinder for it, or get the next size up and extend the dipper, so i have a bit more outreach aside the tractor (which is two feet wider than the bobcat it was designed for) to clean ditches with a shallow 2 feet grading bucket.. Modifying and improving things is what i like to to, but the problem is time.. ;)

/ Bobcat 905B backhoe attachment #9  
I would go with the stock sized cylinders and just get it working first. If it isn't suitable then you could modify the dipper stick, etc. The one problem with extending the dipper stick is that you will also lose some digging force.