Tractor
    IH 424

Default Quick couplers

Does someone make a valve to release pressure so that quick couplers can be put together easier?

Thank you

Veteran Member

Default Re: Quick couplers

Flat faced couplers like found on Bobcat Equipment can usually be connected. Can you discribe the useage?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4330, 6 rear remotes

Is the pressure you are trying to relieve on the machine/engine side, or on the implement side? ...

If on the machine side, you are trying this with the engine off and after having then moved the controls back and forth past center, right?

On the implement side, hopefully you disconnected last time not under pressure (as above)... of course, some pressure can build up due to heating in the sun ...and, pressure can occur because the implement it self is generating it due to gravity operating on, say, a thumb or open grapple, or whatever ...so, make sure you disconnected with the implement fully "closed" (or blocked) ...if you forgot, you can try a bottle jack to offset gravity if that's the problem.

Tractor
    IH 424

I have flat faced couplers on a new holland skid steer. some times with a grapple or a posthole digger the pressure is too much to couple together.

On a hammer it is always too much pressure.

The tempeture is the problem most of the time which can't be averted so a valve would be a solution.

thanks for the prompt answers.

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Quote Originally Posted by sodbreaker View Post
    Does someone make a valve to release pressure so that quick couplers can be put together easier?
    No such valve exists in the free world, unless you make one yourself.

Joel said it right: "If on the machine side, you are trying this with the engine off and after having then moved the controls back and forth past center, right?"

Some folks just back off the threads a turn or two. Suppose it makes a mess though.
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, 7' Dual Dozer with dual Trimble GCR-2 laser receivers.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4330, 6 rear remotes

"grapple or posthole digger..." so it sounds like the implement side. I'm guessing that it's the implement that is generating the pressure ...if the grapple is open that will do it ...and, if you had your valve, you would have to keep releasing fluid until it shut ...which is what you should have done when you take it off. Use a bottle or scissors jack to raise/open the grapple sufficiently to offset the pressure ...

When I first encountered the problem with my grapple, an old hand suggested putting it (upper teeth) against a sturdy tree and using some down-pressure...worked fine.

Not familiar with hammer but if my imagination serves, you need to lift the hammer off the ground (if it was on the ground) ...weight of the hammer pushing the plunger-thingy into the ground is producing the pressure.

Just my thoughts ...hope they help