10,000 lb trailer length question

/ 10,000 lb trailer length question #11  
I've always liked the idea of no ramps, but I use mine a lot in snow. Do you ever load and unload in the snow and have any traction issues with a tilt bed?

By "traction issues" I assume you mean loading and unloading. I have loaded in snow with no issues at all. The drive-on angle is much less than beavertail or ramps. Mine has the hydraulic cylinder, so all you have to do is drive on and it settles down nice and easy. Once you drive on far enough to tilt the bed, your load is just about where you want it. I haul my dozer, skid steer, wheeled compactors, and mini-ex's with no problems at all.

/ 10,000 lb trailer length question #12  
I only haul maybe 10 miles one way.

It doesn't matter if you only haul it 50 feet. If you are going to haul it on public roads where you encounter other drivers, pedestrians, and traffic, you have to secure it like you were going on a thousand mile trip. There are laws governing this subject for good reason.

/ 10,000 lb trailer length question
Thanks for all your help. With the advice offered I would up with an 18' Corn Pro 12,000 lb HD trailer.
Thanks all for steering me in the right direction. It's used but very little. I am happy as a clam. Photo attached.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 279
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 255
   / 10,000 lb trailer length question #14  
That is one sweet trailer! :licking:
Very similar to mine except I have the 3/4-1/4 tilt bed. No ramps.
I really like the heavy duty adjustable crank jack. :thumbsup:

/ 10,000 lb trailer length question #15  
18 would be better and 20 would even be better. Always get more then you think ypou need or from my experience you will be back spenting more money for a bigger trailer. The worse thing that could happen is you end up with a few more feet of room for a few buck more.

/ 10,000 lb trailer length question #16  
Thanks for all your help. With the advice offered I would up with an 18' Corn Pro 12,000 lb HD trailer.
Thanks all for steering me in the right direction. It's used but very little. I am happy as a clam. Photo attached.

You should be happy. that looks like a great HD trailer, especially love the jack!

Just a goofy name, but you can always cover it :)

How much $ ?

JB.

/ 10,000 lb trailer length question #17  
16' is too short, period. Especially when there is only 14' of usable length. You can't get the load centered properly. A lot of variables are involved in trailer loading including what you are pulling it with. Better safe than sorry.
I had a 18' tilt bed but found I couldn't get the weight transfer to the hitch correct when I had the backhoe attached. I solved the problem with a 20' 14,000 lb. PJ split-bed tilt. I never regretted spending the extra money.

PJ Trailers - 6" Channel Equipment Tilt (T6)

Too short, look for a 20'