Bringing an old generator back to life

/ Bringing an old generator back to life #11  
(got to test the dump wagon this afternoon. It is the cats meow for moving manure from a horse stall that hadn't been cleaned out in 2+ years).

I'm sure the horse is thank'n you for that. :laughing:

/ Bringing an old generator back to life #12  
   / Bringing an old generator back to life
Actually, aren't they the same except for the camo and the enclosure? Not sure tho...

Differences I immediately notice are the fuel tank/fuel filter/fuel pump setup, shroud, generator head (MEP is 120/240 or 120/208 3 phase switchable), control/instrument panel, 24v electrical system, air cleaner, and exhaust system. The basic construction of the set and the engine itself are very similar though...

/ Bringing an old generator back to life #15  
The DJC head is the same, only not switchable. I'd love to have switchable phases and instruments on my DJC. Oh well, maybe if and when I get some extra time. :laughing:

/ Bringing an old generator back to life #17  
Excellent work! :thumbsup:
Curious, can you set them up isochronus for paralleling/bumpless transfer?
Wish my DJC was that quiet. :licking:
Do you paint the units for resale?

Excellent work! :thumbsup:
Curious, can you set them up isochronus for paralleling/bumpless transfer?
Wish my DJC was that quiet. :licking:
Do you paint the units for resale?

They have an optional paralleling cable that enables the synchronizing lights (all of these generators have them built in); but you still need to make sure that you close the main breaker while the 2 units are in phase.

I will paint them if they have any rusty spots; I have purchased a few that were recently overhauled and already looked like new...

/ Bringing an old generator back to life #19  
Hello sewerzuk...I have an mep-003a and need a bit of advice....the engine run great but I have only gottin it to generate two times...the very frist time I got it home and one time after I moved it to another location on my property....the frist time I started it again it worked fine....I shut it down to switch it to 3 phase and has not worked since....any ideas where to start looking? Thanks in advance for your help...woody

/ Bringing an old generator back to life #20  
Hello sewerzuk...I have an mep-003a and need a bit of advice....the engine run great but I have only gottin it to generate two times...the very frist time I got it home and one time after I moved it to another location on my property....the frist time I started it again it worked fine....I shut it down to switch it to 3 phase and has not worked since....any ideas where to start looking? Thanks in advance for your help...woody

What are you getting for exitation voltage? Sounds like you have an open circuit somewhere.