Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Default Re: Bringing an old generator back to life

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    (got to test the dump wagon this afternoon. It is the cats meow for moving manure from a horse stall that hadn't been cleaned out in 2+ years).
    I'm sure the horse is thank'n you for that.
    Yuchai YCT dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex, Trimble equipped 7' Dual Dozer, and a LiTW BH7600 back hoe for sale.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Rooks View Post
    Actually, aren't they the same except for the camo and the enclosure? Not sure tho...
    The controls/instrumentation look different to me, but it might be the angle in the video.
    Here is the control panel on a MEP-003A: http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...r/MEP-003A.jpg

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

I'm sure the horse is thank'n you for that.
    They did. We got one stall cleaned out and the other 1/3 to 1/2 cleaned out... What a mess.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    2006 Kubota B3030

Actually, aren't they the same except for the camo and the enclosure? Not sure tho...
    Differences I immediately notice are the fuel tank/fuel filter/fuel pump setup, shroud, generator head (MEP is 120/240 or 120/208 3 phase switchable), control/instrument panel, 24v electrical system, air cleaner, and exhaust system. The basic construction of the set and the engine itself are very similar though...

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

The DJC head is the same, only not switchable. I'd love to have switchable phases and instruments on my DJC. Oh well, maybe if and when I get some extra time.
    Yuchai YCT dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex, Trimble equipped 7' Dual Dozer, and a LiTW BH7600 back hoe for sale.

Tractor
    2006 Kubota B3030

Uploaded part 2; in this video, I do a series of operational checks and tests that uncover some additional issues. I'm able to repair all of them, and at the end of the video the generator is ready for a full load test. Let me know what you think!

Military surplus generator repair, and first start after years of sitting part 2 - YouTube

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Excellent work!
    Curious, can you set them up isochronus for paralleling/bumpless transfer?
    Wish my DJC was that quiet.
    Do you paint the units for resale?

Tractor
    2006 Kubota B3030

Excellent work!
    Curious, can you set them up isochronus for paralleling/bumpless transfer?
    Wish my DJC was that quiet.
    Do you paint the units for resale?
    They have an optional paralleling cable that enables the synchronizing lights (all of these generators have them built in); but you still need to make sure that you close the main breaker while the 2 units are in phase.

I will paint them if they have any rusty spots; I have purchased a few that were recently overhauled and already looked like new...

Tractor
    Huber

Hello sewerzuk...I have an mep-003a and need a bit of advice....the engine run great but I have only gottin it to generate two times...the very frist time I got it home and one time after I moved it to another location on my property....the frist time I started it again it worked fine....I shut it down to switch it to 3 phase and has not worked since....any ideas where to start looking? Thanks in advance for your help...woody

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Quote Originally Posted by woody2956 View Post
    Hello sewerzuk...I have an mep-003a and need a bit of advice....the engine run great but I have only gottin it to generate two times...the very frist time I got it home and one time after I moved it to another location on my property....the frist time I started it again it worked fine....I shut it down to switch it to 3 phase and has not worked since....any ideas where to start looking? Thanks in advance for your help...woody
    What are you getting for exitation voltage? Sounds like you have an open circuit somewhere.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast