International 3500a Pto?

/ International 3500a Pto? #1  

dodgeram945

Tractor
International 3500A, Case 580CK, Satoh Beaver
I have an International 3500a with hydro drive and 3 pt hitch. I was wondering if it would be possible to put in the 2 speed ptos. The tractor has covers over where the ptos should come outin the back. I'm curious if anybody has a 3500a with the 2 speed ptos or if there is an agriculture version of this tractor out there that you could put the parts into this tractor. I would like to get the ptos working so I have a multi purpose tractor because I have too much money into this one with rebuilt engine and new tires. If anybody has info it would be greatly appreciated.

/ International 3500a Pto? #2  
I have an International 3500a with hydro drive and 3 pt hitch. I was wondering if it would be possible to put in the 2 speed ptos. The tractor has covers over where the ptos should come outin the back. I'm curious if anybody has a 3500a with the 2 speed ptos or if there is an agriculture version of this tractor out there that you could put the parts into this tractor. I would like to get the ptos working so I have a multi purpose tractor because I have too much money into this one with rebuilt engine and new tires. If anybody has info it would be greatly appreciated.

The transmission/differential gears and housing is the same as a International 574 farm tractor. To install a PTO in a 3500A, you would need to find a 574 Hydro and switch over all the parts which would be a big job since it uses a live shaft from the flywheel through the hydro transmission, back through the transaxle to a hydraulically operated PTO clutch. You will need the linkage to ooperate the clutch along with the parts at the rear of the tractor The PTO will be a single speed 540RPM.

Bill

/ International 3500a Pto? #3  
Early 574-674's did have the 540-1000 rpm pto's available in them but I don't remember the hydro till the 84 series.