Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    1986 Ford/NH 1520, 2010 Kubota BX2430, 1950 Allis Chalmers WD, 2001 NH EC35 (track hoe)

Well, I built the model - I think it will work well. I did learn that all 3 of my buckets are slightly different sizes though. Luckily the one I started with had the pins the closest together, so the others should fit, just a little looser. I didn't make the pin sleeves yet and those will go into the model before I start assembling the real deal to make sure nothing binds, but I feel like things are coming together.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-659189847-png   -image-2819197741-png   -image-3343857331-png  

Tractor
    1986 Ford/NH 1520, 2010 Kubota BX2430, 1950 Allis Chalmers WD, 2001 NH EC35 (track hoe)

Got a bunch done today. Machined the top set of sleeves and got the bottom 2 cut to 1/8" over. Now I have a problem - I don't know how to hold the bottom sleeves to bore them to the right diameter. I put them in the chuck, but they wobbled too much for me to feel comfortable cutting on them. Any suggestions? Here is the latest pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-3759227379-png  

Tractor
    NorTrac NT254 (Jinma)

aczlan, Thanks for the great answers. Makes perfect sense now, why didn't I think of that :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Jnasystems
    Now I have a problem - I don't know how to hold the bottom sleeves to bore them to the right diameter. I put them in the chuck, but they wobbled too much for me to feel comfortable cutting on them. Any suggestions?
    I don't understand what you are asking? Perhaps a photo of how you tried to chuck it, so we can figure why it would wobble. A piece of round stock should just go directly into the chuck and then use a boring bar, twist drill, or reamer.

Gene :^)

Queensland & Far South Coast NSW Australia
    Tractor
    Rayco

Default Re: Mini Ex Quick Attach Build

In Sydney Australia 2 weeks ago a full bucket detached from an excavator quick hitch killing a truck driver standing beside his rig. The excavator operator failed to insert the safety pin and is now in deep poo. Any quick hitch, manual or hydraulic with a latch tounge can release without a safety pin.
    CTC Mulching
    I'm going to die without any enemies' in the world cause I will outlive the barstards

Tractor
    2009 New Holland 1510

Others have talked about Drawn On Mandrel tubing (DOM) for bushings. I've looked at online suppliers and they have various wall thicknesses and varying ID tolerances.
    Have a few projects myself and think this is a better option than turning my own bushings.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota M59

Can you tack weld them to a jig temporarily for machining and then just grind off the welds when done?

Quote Originally Posted by Jnasystems View Post
    Got a bunch done today. Machined the top set of sleeves and got the bottom 2 cut to 1/8" over. Now I have a problem - I don't know how to hold the bottom sleeves to bore them to the right diameter. I put them in the chuck, but they wobbled too much for me to feel comfortable cutting on them. Any suggestions? Here is the latest pic.
    2009 Kubota M59, Hydraulic Thumb, front aux hydraulics,
    8' Ford 917 Flail Mower
    Belltec H-300 auger, Markham Grapple, Bradco forks
    Landpride GS-1560 Grading Scraper
    2008 ASV PT50

Other Toys
    Built-Rite 24 HPWS-D splitter
    Dolmar PS-5100s
    Stihl MS-441
    Makita DCS-6401..upgraded to 79cc
    a pit bull or two (RIP Tugboat)

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

I have a quick hitch on my TLB backhoe bucket (photo). While I've noticed no degradation in strength, it does extend the length of the bucket so that it now hits the bottom of the boom if I'm not careful. Most of the damage to the boom was done by the previous owner. I try to curl the bucket and bring in the dipper slowly until it makes contact with the boom. My quick hitch is a bit loose and and does add some slopiness to the bucket. If your bushings are nice and tight, that might not be a problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -quickhitch-jpg  
    Jim

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by ManAtArms
    Can you tack weld them to a jig temporarily for machining and then just grind off the welds when done?
    That's a great idea, but I will have to file it away for next time as I found a machine shop that was willing to machine them for a case of beer.

Not much else has been done since as other projects got in the way. Maybe I will have some time this weekend to finish drilling the 3" holes in the .5" plate. Those take for ever with a hole saw, maybe I should crank up the drill speed some. I dread the 1" piece that I need to drill.

Tractor

Well, I finally got all the parts cut out. Now the grinding begins. I will have a bunch to do since they were cut freehand for the most part.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-39748476-jpg  

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD310, ASV RC-100

Wow, wish my freehand cutting was that good! Is this modeled after the JD or Cat in your picture?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast