Diamond in the ROUGH???? Deere 450b

/ Diamond in the ROUGH???? Deere 450b #1  

KrayzKajun

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010 Cab w/ FEL & HD Cutter, New Holland C232 w/ FAE Mulcher
found this one sitting in someones front yard today while driving around.
im tempted to go back and see if they wanna get rid of it. i could use a new project.

Attachments

• IMG-20120418-00092.jpg
    IMG-20120418-00092.jpg
    716.2 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG-20120418-00091.jpg
    IMG-20120418-00091.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 614
  • IMG-20120418-00090.jpg
    IMG-20120418-00090.jpg
    686.2 KB · Views: 591
   / Diamond in the ROUGH???? Deere 450b #2  
Know of an instance where a guy did that with a Bobcat. Wasn't for sale at any price and didn't run, he just wanted to talk about it. Guess he had no friends.
:D
That would be a good find if the price was right.

/ Diamond in the ROUGH???? Deere 450b
I actually got in touch with the poperty owner. The dozer belonged to her husband who died about 4yrs ago, the dozer has sat since. She told me if I wanted it, she would give me $100 to get it out of her yard. My wife is gunna kill me.

/ Diamond in the ROUGH???? Deere 450b #4  
So it will only cost you $4900.00 to get it running and looking like new. I did that with a dump trailer. It's been sitting in my back yard ever since

/ Diamond in the ROUGH???? Deere 450b #5  
I would say that is a good price....geeez, some guys have all the luck..congrats..you are already in the money just on parting it out if nothing else....but from the sound of what she told you...it should be fairly easy to get back running....

/ Diamond in the ROUGH???? Deere 450b #6  
I actually got in touch with the poperty owner. The dozer belonged to her husband who died about 4yrs ago, the dozer has sat since. She told me if I wanted it, she would give me $100 to get it out of her yard. My wife is gunna kill me.

Wow awesome deal!!!! :thumbsup:

/ Diamond in the ROUGH???? Deere 450b #7  
Talk about being in the right spot at the right time...congrats.

/ Diamond in the ROUGH???? Deere 450b #8  
It is probably worth at least $2000 or so as scrap at todays prices. I had one of these for about 15 years. They were good dozers in their day. I can tell you from the pics it needs a complete undercarriage which consists of tracks, sprockets, chains, probably rollers and front idlers plus a few other pieces. Figure 5-6 large, as in thousands. Now after that you get to check into the motor, tranny, steering clutches, final drives and the hydraulic pump.

Neat find but you are biting off a lot of work and money to get her dirt worthy again. Best of luck in whatever you decide!

/ Diamond in the ROUGH???? Deere 450b #9  
Awesome find! $100 and a dozer, how much better can it get? Well, maybe after the restore we'll talk again and we'll see about the deal:laughing: They are nice machines, though and to restore that properly will be a really fun machine to have and use:thumbsup:

/ Diamond in the ROUGH???? Deere 450b #10  
Nice find. Have fun playing around with it. Looking forward to more pictures.