Tracks for John Deere 450c

/ Tracks for John Deere 450c #1  

bcollins26

I know its been a while since I have posted but in that time I pulled the trigger and bought a Deere 450c. Problem is it needs new pads on the tracks. The chains seem to be fine and everything else is in good shape as well. Track pads are just pretty low.

/ Tracks for John Deere 450c #3  
you might want to check on jdcrawlers.com

/ Tracks for John Deere 450c
Yeah sorry about that, thanks for the website

/ Tracks for John Deere 450c #6  
I know its been a while since I have posted but in that time I pulled the trigger and bought a Deere 450c. Problem is it needs new pads on the tracks. The chains seem to be fine and everything else is in good shape as well. Track pads are just pretty low.

What does that mean? I've never heard of a track pad being low. You replace the tracks when your rails wear out, and usually the rest of the undercairage at the same time. If your pins and bushings haven't been turned, you should do that too. If they have already been turned, then you need to replace them.

Post pics of your tracks from the side so that we can see all the components, especially the rails to see how worn they are.

Eddie

/ Tracks for John Deere 450c #7  
   / Tracks for John Deere 450c #8  
Some of the answer would really depend on whether he has a dozer or loader. Loader pads (shoes) have smaller/no grouser bars. And, it is possible that somewhere in the machines life the chains were replaced and they reused the shoes.

This link may help Chapter 11 Dozers and Rollers

/ Tracks for John Deere 450c #9  
Some of the answer would really depend on whether he has a dozer or loader. Loader pads (shoes) have smaller/no grouser bars. And, it is possible that somewhere in the machines life the chains were replaced and they reused the shoes.

This link may help Chapter 11 Dozers and Rollers

Absolutely true. Many folks don't know the difference. The track loader tracks will usually have three or four shallow grousers per shoe, like an excavator.

/ Tracks for John Deere 450c
Thanks for the info, the rails are good and the pins are like new. Looks like they may have replaced everything except for the pads themselves. I will probably see about going the rebar method but the Dura-tuff looks like it would work as well. Thanks for the info all.