Extendahoe thumb

/ Extendahoe thumb #1  

Mark Conner

Tractor
John Deere 310 D
I'm currently looking for a mechanical thumb for my JD 310D extendahoe. What I've found is the amult? with the kidney shaped acuator. Looks good but kinda pricey $2400. Any advice would be appreciated, I'm a rookie at this.

/ Extendahoe thumb #3  
Welcome. I was considering getting a full size TLB before I got my 110 and one of my concerns was a thumb. I found these guys:
Hoeclamp

Pricey, but I think it looks like a quality product.

/ Extendahoe thumb #4  
A welcome to TBN. Have fun and enjoy hours of entertaining and educating reading. :welcome:

/ Extendahoe thumb #6  
Welcome to the forums from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ Extendahoe thumb #8  
I'm currently looking for a mechanical thumb for my JD 310D extendahoe. What I've found is the amult? with the kidney shaped acuator. Looks good but kinda pricey $2400. Any advice would be appreciated, I'm a rookie at this.

The only D series extendahoes I have seen the inner section is the extendable part instead of the outer. This may make make it harder to find one. Most of the newer machine the outer box extends and many now have mounts for a thumb.

Also many D series machines seem to have a short hoe, not sure why. My cousin had a 410D with exendahoe and it didn't reach much more than the regular hoe. This may make it hard to find a thumb that works.

Just keep that in mind when looking how it will mount and that it will work with your machine.

Last edited:
   / Extendahoe thumb
Thanks for the welcome. Seems like a very informative site. New at this backhow stuff but I'm digging it. I'm probably going with the ammult? thumb because I want to keep the extendahoe usable.

/ Extendahoe thumb #10  
Amult makes a good product. THe town where I work bought one for their Ford extenda hoe. It works great. I put one on a Cat with extendahoe withthe inner extension. We mounted it on the box section . It wouldnt run out with the bucket but it was goob about grabbing things that were really large like our hardwood stumps from storms. We had a similar set up on a Drott Cruz Air.