Cat 267 Mulyi terrain loader

/ Cat 267 Mulyi terrain loader #1  

banjobj

Gold Member
Tractor
TC 21D
My uncle recently purchased a Cat 267 rubber track multi - terrain loader. He has had nothing but problems with tearing up tracks and rollers. He doesn't use the machine hard at all. He also has been getting the run around as to waranty coverage. Anyone else had problems with the tracks on their machine. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Cat 267 Mulyi terrain loader #2  
Hopefully this is an isolated incident since the machine looks like it could be a real handy for the work I do. I've been looking at buying one for driveway work and was thinking about renting one for a job this weekend to see if I like it. Is the warranty issue more of a dealer issue or is it actually CAT? Hopefully your uncle will get things resolved soon since they are expensive machines and it's tough to make the payments when they're broke down in the shop.

/ Cat 267 Mulyi terrain loader
Re: Cat 267 Multi terrain loader

DKinWa, I think the dealer is the problem. It is a nice machine, but the track problem and the dealers unwillingness to waranty the tracks is causing problems. I spoke to my uncle today and he said the Cat rep. was going to look at the tracks next week. I'll keep you posted as to whether they make good on the waranty.

/ Cat 267 Mulyi terrain loader #4  

Banjobj -

Problems or not I really could've used the machine for a driveway job today. I used my NH TC40 and what a mistake. I figure using the TC40 turned an 8 hour job into an 11 hour job. I was working in a fairly confined space (which made for a lot of maneuvering) and was loading my dump truck on the city street. It was pull in for a bucket load, back out and shift out of 4x4 so I could turn on the pavement. Then turn back into the driveway, shift to 4x4 to get enough traction for a bucket load and start the process all over. I had lots of spectators and pretty much looked like an idiot loading, because I'm not used to constantly shifting in and out of 4x4 /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. My hands and feet know the normal steps, but throwing in the shifting into and out of 4x4 really through me for a loop /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif If I had a dime for everytime I forgot a step and the tractor didn't do what I wanted, I'd have made enough money to make up for the 3 extra hours. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Just remember, practice makes perfect. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Cat 267 Mulyi terrain loader #6  

Yep, practice never hurts /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It's a tough job and someone has to do it!

update on Cat 267: Dealer will replace track for $1600 plus $300 for labor. My uncle is going to take the offer, as they are not going to stand behind their product and he feels that is the best he can do(600 hours on machine). This confirms my belief that a good dealer is very important in any decision on which brand to purchase. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Cat 267 Mulyi terrain loader #8  

Thanks for the update. It's too bad the dealer isn't being more supportive since he doesn't have that many hours on the machine. I stopped by my local cat dealer to check on another machine and took a look at a 257 while I was there. I didn't run it, but it seemed like it would be a comfortable machine to run on those long days. Brand spanking new and it's in the $36,000 range. I'm going to rent it on the next job I need a skid steer and see what I think. My dealer has treated me well so I'm comfortable buying from them even if their prices might be a little higher than some.

I have to agree that a good dealer is very important in the purchasing decision. Hopefully this will solve your uncles problem for a long time so he doesn't have to continually fight with his dealer.

Even after all the problems with the Cat, my uncle said he would probably buy it if he had it to do all over again. I doubt he would use the same dealer though. Go figure. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Cat 267 Mulyi terrain loader #10  

If you uncle wants a different dealer he will have to drive to Connecticut. All the rest on new England is covered by Southworth-Milton.

The undercarriage for the 267 is actually designed by All Season Vehicles (ASV). I know they are under contract with Cat to supply the tracks for the 267; I think Cat might have boght them out. ASV introduced the "Posi-Track" to compete with traditional skid-steer loaders. I do not know much about reliability but it might be worth investigating ASV warranty claims to see if the problem is an ASV problem or a Cat problem. This might also help explanin S-M's reluctance to live up to the warranty. Is S-M an ASV dealer too? It seems like most Cat dealers support ASV also.

Nothing is worse than warranty problems. With only 600 hours the machine should be working fine. Hope the $1900 fix works for you.

JT