Business Start-up, How to advertise?

/ Business Start-up, How to advertise? #1  

mike69440

Elite Member
Tractor
1984 Kubota B7200D (Sold 2015,) 2005 L39 Kubota, 2006 RTV 900 1997 Komatsu PC75UU2E w/ Thumb & Blade, 2013 Mahindra Max28XL Shuttle
I have just registered my trade name with the state of NH for www.breezyridgedirtwork.com
I am looking for suggestions on the best way to advertise. Yellowpages? Other postings?

Few excavator companies in the area are members of the BBB, but I was thinking this is a good way to hook up to other contractors who need site work after the heavy digging is done.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

/ Business Start-up, How to advertise? #2  
Think about where YOU would look for a contractor. I haven't referred to the yellow pages in years. BBB isn't really designed for advertising. If there is a local paper, builders association or Chamber of Commerce, that's where I'd start. also make some type of "leave behind" brochure and get it to contractors who may use your services. Good luck!

/ Business Start-up, How to advertise? #3  
Mike, don't forget Craig's List ...it is free...you could keep an ad in there under // Farm Services and Residential Services....I hire folks out of Craig's List all the time with great success.

/ Business Start-up, How to advertise? #4  
Hi Mike,

I posted some similar ideas on your other post before I saw this post.

One of our friends here has a web site here NH Seacoast Landscaping Company - Rye Beach Landscaping and you can see some of his work.

He's been around for 10+ years and has a nice business - similar machines and work.

/ Business Start-up, How to advertise?
Hi Mike,

I posted some similar ideas on your other post before I saw this post.

One of our friends here has a web site here NH Seacoast Landscaping Company - Rye Beach Landscaping and you can see some of his work.

He's been around for 10+ years and has a nice business - similar machines and work.

Rye Beach Landscaping appears to go after the high end clients, maybe not a bad approach. It does take a long time to establish a business.