Tractor
    Case 580C(198?)

Default Case 580 Model Identification/Some Questions

Hey guys!

I'm Steve. I posted up about a year ago that I had bought this acknowledge and finally now, a year later, I found someone to haul it home from Georgia to Arkansas for me. That was tougher then I thought it would be! Lol

Well now that it's home I'm looking it over figuring out what all it needs. It has been parked for almost 2 years so I'm goin through and changing all o the fluids and filters. I haven't been able to locate the ID plate on it. From what I've read it should be on the left side of the frame near the front of the rear tire. I don't see one at all. Im gonna see if I can post pics and was wondering if someone could help me ID it. It's got a dieselmotor and what looks to be the shuttle shift 4 speed Trans. Thanks in advance for your help!

Tractor
    Case 580C(198?)

Default Re: Case 580 Model Identification/Some Questions

Does this forum have an app for the iPhone. Trying to figure out how to post pics from my phone. I do t have them hosted anywhere.

Tractor
    Case 580C(198?)

Here is a link to a pic I posted on another forum.

Backhoe - Page 8 - Arkansas Crawlers 4X4 Forum

Tractor
    Case 580C(198?)

I think I got it figured out! Lol

Case 580 Model Identification/Some Questions-image-2572672396.jpg

Silver Member
    Tractor
    65 M-F,354 International, 6245 Zetor /loader, GC2600 M-F /loader, BX24 Loader/BH, 450 Case Dozer, 1150 Case Dozer

Looks to me like a 580C. On the right hand side of the 580B they had the regular front end loader lift cylinder as well as a small (maybe 20 inch) cylinder toward the back near the operator platform.
    Google Image Result for http://cdn103.iofferphoto.com/img/item/146/244/781/u4CG.jpg

Silver Member
    Tractor
    65 M-F,354 International, 6245 Zetor /loader, GC2600 M-F /loader, BX24 Loader/BH, 450 Case Dozer, 1150 Case Dozer

Here is the 580B. Watch for a pic of the rt hand side and you'll notice the cylinder under the front end loader arm.

Loader Backhoe Case 580B, 4 in 1 Bucket, Canopy: Used Backhoe Loaders For Sale in Orem, UT 84057 (4051)

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Massey 180 Diesel

Looks a lot like my 480C. The ID plate is just above the platform where you step into the ROPS cab, on the inside of the front panel where the ROPS attaches on that corner. Maybe 4-6" off the floorboard. Easiest to read from the ground.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Massey 180 Diesel

You can go to Case Construction:Home | Case Construction and check a few part numbers specific to that model.

You can also copy and paste parts numbers if needed, and do some online shopping if OEM part prices scare you.

If you need brake parts, water pump etc. I deal with these guys. The best prices I've found for aftermarket parts Remanufactured Transmissions, Torque Converters, Engines - Joseph Industries Very pleasant to deal with, great prices, nice aftermarket parts, and fast shipping.

I'm assuming you will do a complete fluid, and filter change. I crossed my oem filter numbers using the Case Construction site, then crossed them through NAPA, for WIX numbers. Then went here Wix Filters & NapaGold Filters: FleetFilter Secure Online Store to order the filters. At the time, the price difference between Fleetfilter, and local NAPA I saved enough to get an extra air filter, and oil filter, and that included shipping. Worth it to me..!!

When you determine the exact model, an OEM service manual would be a major help. They seem to show up on ebay quite often. They are great manuals, and take repairs through step by step.

Tractor
    Case 580C(198?)

Hey thanks for the info guys. Hadn't been on here in a few. Work has been crazy. There's no id plate as far as I can see but I'm 99.9 % sure it's a C.

What do you guys think? The fluids look to be in great condition. Should I still change em? Except for the fluid in the hydraulic pump. It looks like it might have water in it. It's kinda pink. I guess the frame is the tank for the hydro fluid right? The drain plugs are kinna boogered up. That might be a challenge gettin those out. Any advice is welcome. I'll check eBay for a manual too. Thanks again.

Tractor
    Case 580C(198?)

Agent the PO parked this thing he opened the fuel tank drain and took off the bottom fuel filter so the fuel system would drain, which is a good thing so now I don't have to clean that mess out. How do I go about starting it. Do I need to prime it somehow?