Aux Hyd Problem - 1 Directional Flow only

/ Aux Hyd Problem - 1 Directional Flow only #1  

crossfire190

Tractor
Kubota BX2350
I recently purchased a 2005 ASV RC-50. I connected a bobcat soil conditioner and the drum would only spin in one direction. when I went to reverse direction, I could hear the hydraulics try to activate and then it sounded like the relief valve kicked in. This would happen when i tried continuous flow with the toggle switch or with intermittent flow from the joystick. What could the problem be? There is some damage to the male coupler on the machine - there are a few nicks/dents. Is it possible that coupler is not seating correctly and not allowing it to flow - Although it flows fine in the other direction... What else can I check? The service manual talks about fuses and relays, however, since i hear it trying to activate - i don't think it is an electrical issue...

/ Aux Hyd Problem - 1 Directional Flow only #2  
If I am not mistaking when the couplers are coupled together there is strait through flow, and don't see how a coupler would cause this. Is there a problem with the drum not allowing it to rotate in the other direction. One other thing is the machine set up for 2 way flow?

/ Aux Hyd Problem - 1 Directional Flow only
Hmm... the soil conditioner was a rental... this was the first attachment that i tried with the aux. lines. I have a grapple - I will have to hook that up and see if also has problems...
Thanks.

/ Aux Hyd Problem - 1 Directional Flow only #4  
if you have not tried that it might be a good idea to see if that works at least you will know if you have a problem with the machine or attachment.

/ Aux Hyd Problem - 1 Directional Flow only
I attached the grapple and it works fine... so it must have been a problem with the soil conditioner. Thanks for the suggestion. Sometimes the obvious is hard to see.

/ Aux Hyd Problem - 1 Directional Flow only #6  
Could have a check valve installed since it's a rental.

/ Aux Hyd Problem - 1 Directional Flow only #7  
Do the quick connects seem like the same

QC's that don't latch in properly can act like a check valve if they don't mate, or one side could be faulty