caterpillar 933f question

/ caterpillar 933f question #11  
Looking for the Chilton on the 933f 1962 Caterpillar and won't move any further yes I checked with Caterpillar a little too proud of the book for me at $600 the book seems a little out of reach .. Pulling the motor out and it's hung up on something I have pulled all the bolts that I can find pulled the cover off of the bell housing and found four more bolts pulled them and the motor moved about a half-inch not sure at this point what to do thank you

Last edited:
   / caterpillar 933f question #12  
image-1407847538.jpg

/ caterpillar 933f question #13  
   / caterpillar 933f question #14  
   / caterpillar 933f question #15  
Thank you I will check into this.. just got the tractor two months ago. The number one piston main bearing is spun so I decided to pull the motor to redo the crake and it's not like a Chevy 350 or even a ford 351 ha ha thank you ..obb

/ caterpillar 933f question #16  
Thank you I will check into this.. just got the tractor two months ago. The number one piston main bearing is spun so I decided to pull the motor to redo the crake and it's not like a Chevy 350 or even a ford 351 ha ha thank you ..obb

If it spun a bearing then you have a lot on your plate. Sorry to hear that.

/ caterpillar 933f question #17  
Thank you just check that site out that you gave me and the service manual is in but had $600 at that price I'll play it by I...... I think there is a fork in the transmission that I need to pull at this point....... it's not so bad it's the first tractor of work on used cars and trucks this is just a little bit bigger but pretty much the same thank you obb

/ caterpillar 933f question #18  
The books i have are only for operator / basic maintenance and are for a G model, i believe the engine, clutch and transmission are different than yours.

I dont want to discourage you but have you looked into parts availability for the engine? I had a difficult time finding stuff for mine and the local cat dealer has been of no help either.

/ caterpillar 933f question #19  
Yes the cat dealer here has the gasket set and the main bearings but that's pretty much it I have a buddy with the machine shop he said he could fix the connecting rod and redo the main crank I'm hoping that's all I'll need if not I can part it out for what I have into it thank you obb

/ caterpillar 933f question
hi, thanks for feedback on 2 grease fittings. have a good day