caterpillar 933f question

/ caterpillar 933f question #1  

ibwatchin

Tractor
caterpillar 933f
i just bought a 1964 caterpillar 933f. it has 2 grease fittings by the engine oil dip stick. one has copper line going to front of engine and the other copper line goes to rear of engine. what do they go to and how much grease do you put in??THANKS

/ caterpillar 933f question #2  
If you trace them out, where do they attach on the other end? I'm thinking maybe the equalizer trunnions. This is something that someone has added.

/ caterpillar 933f question
it was ran without the engine cover so the steel housing covering the oil pan is stacked full of old dirt so i can not get to ends. i have been trying to dig compacted dirt gravel oil out of the small holes on sides. the thick steel plate protecting the oil pan must weigh a ton so i have not dared to unbolt that to add to my problems. thanks for reply.

on rereading your reply. this is for sure all original with steel bracket that holds the 2 grease joints that came from the caterpillar factory. this is not a add on. thanks

/ caterpillar 933f question #5  
I used to use a heavy duty transmission jack to remove belly pans. How about a picture of those two zerk fittings? Someone else that has a 933, 955, or 977 may know. I believe if they were Cat OEM they would be steel lines, not copper. I was a field mechanic for the NW Cat dealer, and I can't think of anywhere they used copper tubing. Just sayin'.

it probably is steel tube.the square bracket hoding the grease fittings is attached to the engine. i made some tools to clean most of dirt out and made a cover for engine so it does not happen again.still unable to find ends of tubing. i just thought a 933f owner might reply. thanks-have a good day.

/ caterpillar 933f question #7  
Other than another owner chiming in, the best solution would be to refer to your parts book and/or owner's manuals. If you don't have them, contact your local Cat dealer, or there are lots of them available on Ebay. Just Google Cat 933F.

hi, thanks for the reply. have a good day.

/ caterpillar 933f question #10  
Hi new to the form jus thought idea gives some insight I have the 933 f 1962 the greasy Certs that you're talking about one goes to the front it hooks to the PTO the other one that goes to the back it hooks to the motor mounts at the transmission and the amount of grease to three pumps or so hope this was helpful thank you obb