Caterpillar (very old) D6

/ Caterpillar (very old) D6 #12  
by the way it sounds it seems like you have a D69U Cat, very good and strong machine, and dont worry about parts, most of your after market undercarrage makers still make parts for these machines, iv got one at the house along with a D814A, great machines and even funner to work on, i just hope and pray you have a wet clutch on that thing!! best of luck!!

/ Caterpillar (very old) D6 #14  
we had an old d69u that would throw tracks all the time.

kline adjustment was grease.

We eventually pulle dthe sprockets and welded them up ( stick welder! ) and then put a lil grind on them with a hand grinder.. not much.. just a lil.

after 2 days of welding we got the sprockets and chain tight and with the grease kline adjustment she stopepd throwing tracks.

ours had the pony motor.. :)

I was thinking the same thing if good used ones cost much. Until I put 100-200 hours on it I would want min $$$ in it even if 'free'.

/ Caterpillar (very old) D6 #15  
yep.. we threw a 10# box of rod at it.. did alot of slag chipping, and just enough grinding to knock the large peaks off, as we knew they's wear in. actually tightened it up darn good.. the sprockets were thin like blades at some of the points.. :) rolers were concave worn as well.. we did 2-3 beads downt he center around them.. not much you could do there..e tc..