Fiat Allis FD175 dozer won't start

/ Fiat Allis FD175 dozer won't start #1  

jacksonelliott

The dozer won't crank over. I am not getting power to the key switch in the cab. I have checked all the fuses and relays. Any suggestions?

/ Fiat Allis FD175 dozer won't start #2  
When was the last time it was started and ran?

/ Fiat Allis FD175 dozer won't start #3  
Are you getting power to the coil on the start solenoid? Does it make any sound? Can you connect a volt meter to the starter side of the solenoid and try starting it to see if voltage it going to the starter?

Are there any safety switches (maybe a clutch or shifter) connected to the start system?

With so little to go on it's hard to say, but these would be my 1st checks.

/ Fiat Allis FD175 dozer won't start #4  
If memory serves me right, there is a neutral safety switch on the shifter lock out throw down handle, there on the vertical cowl, ahead of the shifter. And I do believe it may need to be in the position to put the lock through the holes, not just close.

/ Fiat Allis FD175 dozer won't start
It has been several months since the tractor ran. It has had a starting off and on for several months prior.
The wiring diagram doesn't show the same wire numbers that I find on the tractor. The wipers and blower don't work. I get power to the key switch in the compartment under the cab.

/ Fiat Allis FD175 dozer won't start #6  
Have you checked the battery cables..?? May be a grounding issue. May be enough juice to power your test light, but nothing else... Just a thought...

/ Fiat Allis FD175 dozer won't start #7  
Have you checked the battery cables..?? May be a grounding issue. May be enough juice to power your test light, but nothing else... Just a thought...
This is a valid point and I agree. This is why I asked about the last time it was started. Terminals and connections can become corroded on the inside, invisible to the naked eye, but still allow enough current to show on test equipment, tricking you to think everything is ok.
Check all of your electrical connections.

/ Fiat Allis FD175 dozer won't start
The batteries were replaced and all battery connections were cleaned. I will recheck everything when I get back from Christmas vacation. Thanks for the help.