Default Fiat Allis FD175 dozer won't start

The dozer won't crank over. I am not getting power to the key switch in the cab. I have checked all the fuses and relays. Any suggestions?

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Default Re: Fiat Allis FD175 dozer won't start

When was the last time it was started and ran?
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, Trimble equipped 7' Dual Dozer with twin GCR-2 laser receivers, and a LiTW BH7600 back hoe (sold).

Tractor
    Kubota L3240

Are you getting power to the coil on the start solenoid? Does it make any sound? Can you connect a volt meter to the starter side of the solenoid and try starting it to see if voltage it going to the starter?

Are there any safety switches (maybe a clutch or shifter) connected to the start system?

With so little to go on it's hard to say, but these would be my 1st checks.
    “Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Ronald Reagan

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Massey 180 Diesel

If memory serves me right, there is a neutral safety switch on the shifter lock out throw down handle, there on the vertical cowl, ahead of the shifter. And I do believe it may need to be in the position to put the lock through the holes, not just close.

It has been several months since the tractor ran. It has had a starting off and on for several months prior.
    The wiring diagram doesn't show the same wire numbers that I find on the tractor. The wipers and blower don't work. I get power to the key switch in the compartment under the cab.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Massey 180 Diesel

Have you checked the battery cables..?? May be a grounding issue. May be enough juice to power your test light, but nothing else... Just a thought...

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Quote Originally Posted by DJ54 View Post
    Have you checked the battery cables..?? May be a grounding issue. May be enough juice to power your test light, but nothing else... Just a thought...
    This is a valid point and I agree. This is why I asked about the last time it was started. Terminals and connections can become corroded on the inside, invisible to the naked eye, but still allow enough current to show on test equipment, tricking you to think everything is ok.
    Check all of your electrical connections.
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, Trimble equipped 7' Dual Dozer with twin GCR-2 laser receivers, and a LiTW BH7600 back hoe (sold).

The batteries were replaced and all battery connections were cleaned. I will recheck everything when I get back from Christmas vacation. Thanks for the help.