John Deere 410C QUESTIONS!!!

/ John Deere 410C QUESTIONS!!! #1  

Nicetoy

Tractor
1986 Ford 1710, JD 410C, and JD 450
Hello All,

A couple weeks ago I found a deal I couldn't pass up on a 88' Deere 410C. Machine runs mint and had a new factory engine installed about 1000 hours ago. Hydraulic pump was also replaced within the last 1500 hours. So, there is the good, now the bad. Machine has been neglected and not used for a few years, doesn't look like it was greased very often, and pins/bushings in the hoe are SHOT. It is very loosey goosey and has a crack at the top of the dipper stick. The crack should be easy enough to weld up, and looks like stress from the bucket cylinder was the culprit there. The biggest problem however is the bushings/pins attaching the swing tower to the frame. The bushings are so bad, that there is nothing left and it's riding directly on the frame. Any thoughts? Advice?

Background:

My wife and I just bought 20 acres and are going to be building in the spring. This was bought to assist in sitework and the whole construction process as a way to offset costs. After building is done, I plan on keeping it around as a homeowner machine to work on various projects and clear snow (650ft driveway). Everything on the machine is in decent shape, and it runs great. It is typically a 12-15k machine and I paid 5K for it, so i don't think I can get hurt on it.

Does anybody own one of these machines that can tell me their experiences with them? There doesn't seem to be much info out there, and parts seem a bit difficult to source. Also, if anybody owns one, could somebody take some detailed pictures of the swing tower to frame connections so I can compare since mine is a mess.

Thanks In Advance

/ John Deere 410C QUESTIONS!!! #2  
The parts should be readily available through Deere.

/ John Deere 410C QUESTIONS!!!
I was more referring to the aftermarket parts world.. factory parts are just so damned expensive

/ John Deere 410C QUESTIONS!!! #4  
Try heavyquip.com for aftermarket parts.

/ John Deere 410C QUESTIONS!!! #5  
Nicetoy said:
I was more referring to the aftermarket parts world.. factory parts are just so damned expensive

Ok I misunderstood what you were gettin at. I agree that Heavyquip would be a great place for after aftermarket parts.

Are the pins and bushings in your boom the parts that are worn out?

yes, the loader is pretty worn too, but usable as is... The worst is the frame to swing tower pins/bushings

/ John Deere 410C QUESTIONS!!! #7  
UPDATE!!!! With Pics! Here is the Frame to upper swing tower mount after I got it all apart. Talk about ugly! Old Frame mount.jpg

Re: John Deere 410C QUESTIONS!!! * Updated w/ Pics

The frame was so bad, I didn't have many options. I found a Parts machine, and bought the Swing Tower/ Boom/ and Dipper from it. The guy also cut off that upper Frame to Swing mount for me, and I had to call in my mobile Fab guy!. Shown is the old mount/swing, and new ones.

swing3.jpg

swing4.jpg

New Frame mount welded on with new bushings.

New Frame mount.jpg

New Frame1.jpg

New Frame2.jpg