Looking at an 2008 ASV PT-100

/ Looking at an 2008 ASV PT-100 #1  

Dwbecker85

Tractor
None
I am just starting to look for a machine that can run a fecon mulcher and a snow blower attachment. How does the ASV work in the snow and ice running a snow blower or snow in Washington is wet and heavy. The machine I am looking at is a 2008 pt-100 1671 hrs comes with a fecon head a new set of tracks, bucket,set of forks. It has a backup camera the condition of the machine looks good the tracks on it look to be about 50% use left what would this be worth. Thanks Dave

/ Looking at an 2008 ASV PT-100 #2  
The ASV track system is the "caddy" for ride smoothness, but an expensive nightmare to maintain and repair. Just count the # of idler wheels. I'd check out Skid Steers and read up there on the u/c.
I have operated that machine, very nice (bucket work only), and talked to some guy's with the Cat machines that used to use the ASV u/c. They have said that there are veunerable hoses and other parts down in harms way for working in the woods. I have read about, and know a guy that when his machine reached the time for a new "bottom", that he decided to sell and move on to a dif. machine rather than spend $12-15k or so on it! On wet snow, I'd stay away from a rubber track machine and get a big wheeled SS and chain it up for the snow and put some OTT tracks on it for the woods.

Last edited:
   / Looking at an 2008 ASV PT-100 #3  
:welcome:

/ Looking at an 2008 ASV PT-100 #4  
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ Looking at an 2008 ASV PT-100 #5  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Construction Equipment forum.

/ Looking at an 2008 ASV PT-100 #6  
"Heavy & Wet" will be a problem. Most snow blowers like to plug up the chute when snow is wet and solidifies in the base of the chute near the fan. I have an ASV RC100 with a Loftness Carbide Cutter mulcher for the summer and an Erskine blower in the winter. It takes a high flow machine to properly run these attachments. When snow is wet, it's very slow going to keep chute from freezing up. I recommend a urethane cutting edge on the blower. Not a pleasant sight to see asphalt being blown when using a steel edge.

/ Looking at an 2008 ASV PT-100 #7  
Dave we are the local dealer for Terex/ASV i'll be glad to help you and id you'd like to see a 100 with a snow blower work that can be arranged I have a couple of used High Flow snow blowers also. We probably sold the machine new so I may have service records.