CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75?

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #11  
I think they are onto the market.

D.

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75?
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still curious to at least try the CAT out this spring and spend some time in it.

What kind of problems were they having with the B models?

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #13  
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still curious to at least try the CAT out this spring and spend some time in it.

What kind of problems were they having with the B models?

AC is weak. Look at the filter position. It is a horrible design

Got good at putting tracks back on.

Radiator plugs up pretty easy.

Have to unhook most implements when you sop due to the door not opening once the hydraulics bleed down.

Besides that they were perfect.

D.

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #14  
The guy at my local CAT dealer said that all machines will change out to the D series this Summer.

Kubotas aren't bullet proof, I know a company that has two 90s used in ROW brush cutting, and they have broken lift cylinders on both machines due to debris build-up in rear towers. There is no way to clean it out once it gets in there because there is only a little teeny hole at the bottom. There are some other concerns that they had, but I can't remember specifics.

Yeah I've read a few things about breaking the lift cylinders due to debris build up and after looking at them I can definitely see that being a problem with it being difficult to clean out. Not the end of the world though.

Has anyone ran either of these machines in the snow? They probably won't work as well as a MTL but will it be totally worthless for doing commercial snow removal? I've heard people say the CTLs suck in snow but I have never run one in it. I do a fair amount of snow removal so I'm curious.

Thanks for the feedback Darin. I'm still curious to at least try the Cat for some reason! Haha

Have you run the Kubota much?? Any thoughts on it?

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #17  
Not much seat time at all in the Kubota. I am waiting on the stump grinder to come in before I take delivery.

D.

Okay well you will have to let me know how it works for you after a while.

Did you get any other attachments or have any planned?

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #19  
Long floor bucket
82" root grapple
M&M Engineerign Hydraclip tree shear
Landpride Stump Grinder
Landpride hay spear

D.

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #20  
Sounds like a very nice machine, looking forward to some pictures when you get it.