Hyundai generators

/ Hyundai generators #1  

ericher69

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 Kubota b2920
Anybody have any experience with Hyundai Generators from Walmart; more specifically the 7250W 13hp model?

Save your breath if you are giving your opinion and do not own one!

I am a home owner in an urban center and require occasional power back up for my home; 1-2 times per year for a few hours

Thanks

/ Hyundai generators #2  
Those 3,600 r/m screaming generators at Wal-Mart are really expensive for what they are. You can get the identical generator in yellow for less at many other outlets. They are reasonably quiet for intermittent use.
I operate a 12 mW power plant as my day job, so I think I'm qualified to speak. I also have a 3.5 kW Champion, and two Onan diesel generators, 6 kW & 12 kW resp.
Generators - Champion Power Equipment

/ Hyundai generators
Will look into the Champion generators.

Thanks for the advice.

I priced a Honda today and...$2500+tax for less watt output

Walmart Genny $850+tax (I could buy 3 of these for 1 Honda) yeah I know they are not in the same league.

/ Hyundai generators #4  
Whatever you buy, be sure it has a 240 Volt output and the special plug to take full advantage of it.

A lady from our church just bought a generator and it only has 120 volt output, so if she connects it to her home wiring through a transfer switch she will only be able to use 2400 watts, even though the generator is rated for 3850...

/ Hyundai generators #5  
Look at the Briggs and Stratton generators...... They have a good price and can get Lp models for 12kw fairly cost effectively

/ Hyundai generators
Look at the Briggs and Stratton generators...... They have a good price and can get Lp models for 12kw fairly cost effectively

Will do

My local TSC has a Champion 9000w for $699+tax