Yanmar T-80 rubber tracked tractor

/ Yanmar T-80 rubber tracked tractor #1  

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
I saw this on the Yanmar site and was fascinated. A rubber tracked tractor in a much smaller size.
Assuming one did not need the narrow width version, I would think this tractor would be super stable on hills, and provide
superior traction and low compaction. And it drives with a steering wheel...

Nothing good is cheap. I have no idea what this tractor costs. Wondered if anyone here had experience with it?
Kubota has a hybrid tracked vehicle, maybe this was meant to compete against that. Cool looking tractor, though the decals are a bit much.

Attachments

• Yanmar T80.jpg
    Yanmar T80.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 885
   / Yanmar T-80 rubber tracked tractor #2  
Cool! Put me down for one. Nice cab too !!!

/ Yanmar T-80 rubber tracked tractor
seems this is a specialized West Coast vineyard tractor, and perhaps not even sold in the East.
All that grip and low center of gravity, plus I believe an improved ride all interest me.
there's only one online for sale on tractorhouse, a very low hour one for fifty something.
I also dug around and found these forum references, likely from West Coast owners:

All I know is that the first US dealer is within an hour of here.
http://www.rainbowag.com/t80-tractor...r_main-ra.html

I asked the neighbor who harvests my orchard along with his own orchards and vineyards. His take was that the T80 is expensive and specialized - if you can get a wheel tractor down the vineyard rows then that is more cost effective than using up those expensive belts. And it costs twice the wheel tractor that it would replace.

The neighbor has a lot of respect for Yanmar, in fact he was a Deere dealer mechanic for a while and is familiar with the smaller Deeres that were built by Yanmar. While he's definitely old-school, I tend to agree that the present application of the T80's in the Napa vineyards is more for boasting rights than actual necessity.

I would love to have one!

79 engine and 67 PTO HP. 4 Cylinder turbo-12/12 collar shift transmission and weighs 6700#’s

According to my friend who visits the neighboring vineyards, Kiwi orchards and the Seeley (Bartlett Pairs) orchards, they have implemented the T-80 much more than the factory anticipated. Not only during harvest and wagon hauling, but also for erecting and maintain wind machines, heat and smudge pots and year round manicuring for investor and dignitary visits.

They (Yanmar) claim a minimum of 3000 hours before significant wear and replacing drive tracks.

I wonder how the Kubota tracked tractor is selling, and where?