New (to me) Case 580C

/ New (to me) Case 580C #1  

Colt_Cowboy

Tractor
Kubota L3940HST Case 580C
Here's a couple of pictures of my new (to me) Case 580C. It is a 1978, has 1,679 verified hours on it. It's only had 100 hours put on it in the last 10 years. The previous owner put all new hoses on it and rebuilt most of the cylinders three years ago. Filters and fluids were replaced this past spring.

Can't wait to start racking up some seat time.

Case 580C -2.jpgCase 580C -1.jpg

/ New (to me) Case 580C #2  
Welcome and nice backhoe! You will have to keep us updated on the projects you do with it!

/ New (to me) Case 580C #3  
Nice looking machine . Keep an eye on the front axle where the spindles turn vertical and go up through the axle . They are supported by needle bearings that tend to fail . The top is sealed with an o-ring and a cap . If not lubed religiously , moisture will get in and the top bearing will fail first . Then as you use it the bottom bearing fails also . Then the spindle egg shapes the cast iron axle beam . Pick up the front end and shake things aroud and see if you're okay. I had an E that did this , and you won't notice till it is too late . I was able to get it machined and sleeves put in but $$$$. Not knocking you're new machine , just want to save you a little grief .

/ New (to me) Case 580C #4  
   / New (to me) Case 580C #5  
Nice Machine! I bought a 580 Super E 4x4 back in Sept myself. We have been running it fairly hard and no major issues yet. I wonder how we ever made it all these years without it.

You will surely meet a few new friends that you didn't know you had.

/ New (to me) Case 580C #6  
That's no joke about meeting new friends! If I leave my new tractor out or my backhoe out for more than a day I've got all kinds of people stopping by wanting me to do things for them! I'd bet money tho if I was trying to do it for a living I couldn't even find someone that would let me pay them to do work for them! Lol

/ New (to me) Case 580C #7  
That's no joke about meeting new friends! If I leave my new tractor out or my backhoe out for more than a day I've got all kinds of people stopping by wanting me to do things for them! I'd bet money tho if I was trying to do it for a living I couldn't even find someone that would let me pay them to do work for them! Lol

Amen to that!

/ New (to me) Case 580C #9  
Nice looking machine!

/ New (to me) Case 580C #10  
that one looks nice .

I have a 580b cant say anything bad about it :)

Attachments

• case 580.jpg
    case 580.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 229