Need information, International 350 Roller (Pics)

/ Need information, International 350 Roller (Pics) #1  

wilkfarm

Can anyone help me identify this. It has International 350 on the hood and C-175 on the engine. I can not find a plate with any other information. I volunteered to do a little work on this for our local go kart track. Any info would be greatly appreciated. 2013-01-30_12-14-20_279.jpg

/ Need information, International 350 Roller (Pics) #2  
That could have a Red Diamond engine in it. Is it gas or diesel?

/ Need information, International 350 Roller (Pics) #3  
Found something similar in the picture below. It's called a Seaman Gunnison 10-30 RD Duro Pac Roller. Although this one has a Minne-Mo unit on the front.

I did a little Google search for Seaman Gunnison construction equipment, and ran across an old thread on ymatag forums from 2003. If you read down a few threads, there is a reply from a Harry Seaman, that says his father started that company. Old Construction Equipment - Yesterday's Tractor Co.

One fellow said he knows a fellow that has unit with a large tiller on the back. It then dawned on me I remember seeing a tiller unit like that years ago when I was showing antique tractors,although it had a steering axle. It was a beast..!! As luck would have it, I found a picture of one of the too.

Don't know if this helps, but I LOVE old construction equipment..!!

imagesCAQIZGPI.jpg

Seaman Gunnison 2.JPG

/ Need information, International 350 Roller (Pics) #4  
That could have a Red Diamond engine in it. Is it gas or diesel?

Just dawned on me that the engine is probably a C-175 Cummins. Should have a Roots blower on the side.

/ Need information, International 350 Roller (Pics) #6  
If it is the tractor part you are working on, parts should still be available. Normally I'd suggest going to Case/IH parts site, but for the last month they have been updating their parts data system, and it is rather spotty at the moment. I tried the IH & Farmall 350, and C-175 engine, and nothing would come up.

As far as engine parts, they should be the same for both models. In fact, probably all the same until you get to the axle housings, possibly the gears in the tranny because of different tire size on the utility, and row crop model.

Being it has International on the hood, that should designate it as being the utility model. If it had Farmall, that would mean they used the row crop model.

There should be an aluminum plate on the bell housing. Model (but you already know that..), and serial number may be a big help, along with it being the utility version.

Filters, and ignition parts should be easy to get through Case/IH or NAPA. Anything else through Case/IH or aftrmarket. Individual part numbers will be your friend, if you can find them.

/ Need information, International 350 Roller (Pics)
Thanks everyone for the help. A little more research has revealed that the engine is in fact a IH C175.

After cleaning a bit of crud from the side of the bell housing, I did find an aluminum plate.

2013-01-30_12-14-55_741.jpg

Any guess as to what year this beast may be?

/ Need information, International 350 Roller (Pics) #8  
Here are the serial numbers from Tractor Data: 1956: 501
1957: 1963
1958: 15049

Zoomed in on the pic... Looks to be a '56.