Looking for used 14 x 24 crane/loader tires

/ Looking for used 14 x 24 crane/loader tires #1  

JDneophyte

Tractor
John Deere 3720
I just bought a Galion 150a 15T crane.....and the tires are shot!! As these are old, leaky cranes........the value is a little over scrap, so an investment in new tires will likely eclipse the overall value. I've spent a few hours making phone calls after searching the internet.......and I seem to barking up the wrong trees.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

/ Looking for used 14 x 24 crane/loader tires #2  
google "ag tires" or "R1 tires", the results will give you manufacture websites, that get into ag and construction tires. once at there sites, do a "dealer" lookup.

R4 tires = industrial tires. but honestly have no idea about crane tires.

as far as phone calling, in the phone book, ya it seems like barking up the wrong tree. due to most of them all handle regular car/truck tires. but if ya keep calling surely someone will have a clue. and quickly give you a name or number.

call places that are a couple hours away from you, prices can range steeply but a couple hundred bucks. and you can find off brand and name brand tire pricing, name brand can be rather costly.

my suggestion, pay for tubes, and have them come out and pull the old tires off and put the new tires on. some places charge by the hour, some per tire, some just for service fee. some may or may not charge for traveling distance.

/ Looking for used 14 x 24 crane/loader tires #3  
Once about a year ago I saw a man selling worn out foam filles Lull tires on rims for like $500 for the four. They are/where 13.00/24 8~12 plys. I didnt call him at the te cause I didnt have the spare cash. Try calling your local/semi local equipment rental places, they sometimes have worn foam filles tires for cheap. Sunbelt used to sell them once a few lugs got ripped off, if you can deal with lower traction R4s. 24" is a fairly common back hoe, roller, small loader, or lull tire size and those would all be 8+ plys. Older motor graders ran 13.00/24 and 14.00/24 but all the 12G/12H/12M ive seen lately are running 17.5/25s, so if you know a why to hunt old grader tirea down that could be an option.

/ Looking for used 14 x 24 crane/loader tires #4  
You might try a web search for used aircraft tires. Gensco is one supplier Home , mine came with apparently new rims which undoubtedly increased the price. There are other suppliers and I doubt they all include rims.

/ Looking for used 14 x 24 crane/loader tires
Thank you gents. I made a couple calls today (truck suppler and Army surplus suppler)......they are going through their inventories to see what they have, but it was the right way to go. Much appreciated advice.

/ Looking for used 14 x 24 crane/loader tires #6  
If you strike out with your contacts, try Toby Sexton tire whic is close to Atlanta.
Good luck!